fun little DOS game (Armor Alley)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun little DOS game (Armor Alley)

Weeeee this is one of my favorite games of all time. Also, it was one of the first games I ever played. Back in the early 90s when my uncle was a big gamer and had a bunch of DOS games and got me hooked on games.

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~da...armoralley.zip
    You can either unzip everything or just run the AA.exe straight from the zip file.

You are the green team and the objective is to get a van to the gray team's base while protecting your base from enemy vans.

Move your chopper around with the mouse
    X=missles (for taking out enemy chopper)
    Z=bombs
    Shift=guns
    Space=unload troops

You have money (funds) that you gain throughout the round which you use to order stuff.
    T=tank
    M=missle launcher
    I=infantry squad
    E=engineers
    V=van

There are bunkers around the map that are either friendly or enemy. Use infantry to capture enemy bunkers.

Let me know what you guys think of it.
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Re: fun little DOS game (Armor Alley)

Sweet! I loved that game! Believe it or not, I think I have a copy of it backed up on my hard drive somewhere (since about 1991).

But... I was addicted to it long before I found out Armor Alley existed. It was originally called Rescue Raiders when I played it for hours on end on my Apple II.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/apple2/rescueraiders.html
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

A few tips...

- send out your vehicles in well thought-out groups
      - don't bother sending vans until you can send a group which will make it, but do send them at the end of any group which appears to have a chance
      - shrap from exploding vehicles damages nearby vehicles, so don't pack them too closely, especially the AA rocket trucks
      - infantry take over little buildings and become a barrier for the enemy
      - engineers will rebuild destroyed AA guns on the ground for your team
      - send out a group of infantry and then pick them up with your helo by landing on the ground in front of them - you can then drop them in enemy territory

There are some tricks to the helo vs helo combat which make it pretty easy. I'll leave those for you to learn. ;)
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yeah, I also have that game on my HDD already. I bought the retail copy of that game back in the early nineties (before AA, I had pretty much played only Sierra adventures). I liked it so much that I found the PC version of it on some website a couple of years ago. Haven't played it in a while though...maybe I should fire it back up.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
        [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
        Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

OMG, I LOVE this game! I played it as RR on the Apple IIe and later as AA on DOS. Alas, I have no idea where my copies got off to, so thanks for providing binaries!
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Dude. Screw BF2, I'm playing this!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I wonder if anyone's found the source lying around, perhaps for a clone? It would be cool to get the network part working over the Internet so we could have some head-on games. (Currently it only supports serial port connections.) Anyone tried it in WINE or dosemu or some other Linux-based DOS emulator?
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X