• Show
Clear All

• "America has officially lost its monopoly on stupid"

http://science.slashdot.org/article....5/12/13/185238

Re: "America has officially lost its monopoly on stupid"

oh man..... I've got to try and catch an episode of that show

Comment

LOL Literally the most retarded show ever! If I got BBC still, I'd definitely watch it.

Comment

That is great.

I don't know anyone who has BBC =/
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

well its about damn time...only took 150 years...geez
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I love the graphic on the show site:

In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

ROFL. "Gravity Generators". Glad to see that other countries can be just as stupid as the good ol' US of A :).

---

Comment

if you had the bbc you wouldnt watch it because its on channel 4...

in any case it is quite clever, they have brought people who want to be on a reality tv show together with an amazing "russian" military base in ipswitch (which is the uk by the way) thewy flew them around for hours doing big undetectable circles around the uk pretending they were going to russia, in the base everything down to the strategically placed russian litter on the floor is man managed...

they have actors keeping the story real.....

and although the guys who are in the show would never win an award for brilliant minds, it is the power of suggestion.... little do they all know we are sitting here laughing at them all.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I usually hate reality TV but I love this show!

They keep saying things like "the take off was so smooth, it's like we never left the ground!" I can't wait to see their faces when they are told it was a joke.

During the training they were told all sorts of rubbish like the fact that the Russian city Minsk was named after the first dog to go into space.

You guys can probably download the episodes on emule or bittorrent etc.
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Well, if it really takes off, I'm sure that America will pick it up too. We do that you know, take shows from other countries.

I can already see the set of people smiling for a pre-launch photograph.
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                      You guys can probably download the episodes on emule or bittorrent etc.
                      Supposedly one can play the video from the Channel 4 web page, but WMP says "Closed" right after connecting to the source.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...ideo/index.jsp

(Registration required.)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                        Well, if it really takes off, I'm sure that America will pick it up too. We do that you know, take shows from other countries.

I can already see the set of people smiling for a pre-launch photograph.

oh i doubt it could be done too many times... it is labbled the biggest hoax in tv history... once its over i cant see anyone else being duped.... well not about space anyway...

oh and we know about you stealing tv shows... we had big brother for 2 years before america aired it... i am just psyched it bombed over there... it made millions in the UK... strangly still does.... i cant see why its crap.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

One of the most amusing things so far is that they couldnt open the window shutters. They have mocked up huge high res screens to show footage of the earth as they "orbit it". Unfortunately a large moth got into the hanger and kept perching on the screen. As the presenter said "a huge moth with an apparent six hundred mile wingspan perched on Botswana might have given the game away". Favourite quote so far is from the actor playing the Russian Cosmonaut pilot. He seems to have based it on the Cosmonaut from Armageddon. "Sometimes i look down there and think i see a boat on the ocean or maybe a man hitting a duck with a stick....." So very random and hilarious. Normally i hate these Big Brother reality deals.

Comment

The funniest bit was when they were in the classroom learning about dogs & monkeys that had gone into space first, they had the monkey in his space suit in a glass case and said "he was treated like a hero and instead of burying him they stuffed him so everyone could see him and pay their respects!"
                            and i think it was the monkey that was called minsky or something like that and that minsk was named after him!!
                            During the lesson, a man was explaining how dogs had died during the first test flights, this included when the capsule was on its way back to earth and the pressure seal failed and the dog was violently depressurised and they had to wipe him off the walls!! One woman was in tears and had to leave the room!!!

Comment

I'm sure you could find people every year who'd still buy into this. There's always more n00bs. ;)
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X