Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye Bye Tookie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bye Bye Tookie

    Since we have all kinds here, I figured someone would be able to answer this for me. What's with all of the sympathy for this murderer?

    The only travesty I see is that it took 27 years to get him planted. It's sad that more people cry for the perpetrator than the victim. Where were all of you when Albert Owens was dying on a cold storage room floor with (2) 12ga rounds in his back? Were you outside that convienience store crying for him?

    All of Tookie's supporters point to the fact that he never admitted to this crime and was therefore innocent; I challenge you to find more than a handfull of incarcerated people who aren't "innocent". One who feels guilty for what they did will own up to it and appologize for it. He never did that.

    Tookie was proud of his gang background and he showed that by pretending to be a founder of the Crips till they day he died. Everything he did to the contrary was in an effort to save his life.

    --Edited by Buck for clarity.
    Sorry, I was in a hurry. Happy Wyz? :P <Where's the emoticon for "Bite Me"?>
    Last edited by Buck Fush; 12-13-2005, 05:16 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Bye Bye Tookie

    Line breaks.

    Separate your thoughts with line breaks.

    Please.

    Please.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

    Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bye Bye Tookie

      Wow. Buck comes out of hiding, with venom, and complete disregard for grammar.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bye Bye Tookie

        I had no trouble reading it, so I shall divulge a translation:

        Originally posted by Buck Fush
        Since we have all kinds here, I figured someone would be able to answer this for me.

        What's with all of the sympathy for this murderer? The only travesty I see is that it took 27 years to get him planted. It's sad that more people cry for the perpetrator than the victim. Where were all of you when Albert Owens was dying on a cold storage room floor with (2) 12ga rounds in his back? Were you outside that convienience store crying for him?

        All of Tookie's supporters point to the fact that he never admitted to this crime and was therefore innocent; I challenge you to find more than a handfull of incarcerated people who aren't "innocent". One who feels guilty for what they did will own up to it and appologize for it. He never did that.

        Tookie was proud of his gang background and he showed that by pretending to be a founder of the Crips till they day he died. Everything he did to the contrary was in an effort to save his life.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bye Bye Tookie

          personally i was sicked to see all the support he is given and was given.....it also dint take long for the ACLU or the NAACP to jump on the band wagon...as bill oreily said...
          "ACLU and the NAACP only are in the media when they can make themselves look good and others look bad, just like jesse jackson
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bye Bye Tookie

            Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            ..as bill oreily said...
            As if that sanctimonious schmuck wasn't guilty of the same thing?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bye Bye Tookie

              I was hoping that the Gov. would say, simply, "hasta la vista, Tookie."

              The argument that he'd redeemed himself was an interesting one, and made me wonder how many people I could kill without consequence if I write a few children's books first...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                As if that sanctimonious schmuck wasn't guilty of the same thing?
                Naw man, he's looking out for you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                  I feel for the victim but i disagree with the death penalty on priciple. I think his actions while in prison show at least some reform.

                  And thanks for the translation Kark :D.
                  _____________________



                  ---

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                    RIP to the father of the Crips!

                    lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                    Delta MICS
                    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                      Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                      As if that sanctimonious schmuck wasn't guilty of the same thing?
                      Lol. It's sooooooo easy you poke fun at him. Have any of you seen the Colbert Report? Genius stuff :).
                      _____________________



                      ---

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                        I think he garnered so much support for several reasons:

                        a) He is a personality - many are loyal to him.
                        b) Many oppose the death penalty on principle (as Penguin mentioned).
                        c) Many people have difficulty seeing the societal value in executing a killer who has recanted and made an effort to reform versus simply imprisoning him for the rest of his life.
                        d) There is a distinct racial dimension to the case. People frequently draw lines in the sand in these instances.
                        In game handle: Steel Scion
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                          Originally posted by slugslinger
                          RIP to the father of the Crips!
                          Which I hope is a joke, since he had nothing to do with starting the Crips.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                            Where did you get that info? Also, even it his co-founding of the Crips was a lie, i REALLY hope that was a joke. A joke in bad taste either way.
                            _____________________



                            ---

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bye Bye Tookie

                              Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              Wow. Buck comes out of hiding, with venom, and complete disregard for grammar.
                              LOL

                              And get used to it. I've been very busy these past few months preparing for the new FCC regulations starting Jan 1. I'm starting to get some breathing room now and felt it time to start blessing you guys once again with my insightful writings.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X