New release from Springfield Armory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New release from Springfield Armory

A .45 ACP with no major adjustment to the stock 9mm and .40 cal frame which holds 13 rounds.

This really irks me because I have had plans to trade my Beretta 96FS in on a PX4 Storm (I really want a 9mm for carry, and although I have plans to buy a conversion barrel for my XD40, I plan to use that only for competition shooting). Now, I don't know what to do.

This firearm would make an awesome carry weapon. Only slighty lower round capacity (13 vs 17), with the same XD frame I know and love.

Re: New release from Springfield Armory

Dang, I can't view this from work. You're saying Springfield has an XD available now in .45ACP, but with the same sized frame as the 9mm and .40S&W versions? If so, I wonder if Springfield will drop the .45GAP version of the XD.

I really like the XD as well. I need to read up on this whenever I get my internet connection back at home.

Comment

Nice pistols, but we can't own them here in MA. The MA attorney general has determined them to be unsafe guns for not complying with his necessary safety features.

If you get one, post here and let us know how you like it.

Comment

i cant wait to move back to ohio...gonna get my CWC...

now if i could just find a Beretta 93R i would be set...nice guns those SA are...

i like wilson combat arms as well...talk about being salty
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
          Nice pistols, but we can't own them here in MA. The MA attorney general has determined them to be unsafe guns for not complying with his necessary safety features.
          That's BS. "Necessary safety features" my ass.

Comment

I like the new XD. I am a sig fan myself.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
              Dang, I can't view this from work. You're saying Springfield has an XD available now in .45ACP, but with the same sized frame as the 9mm and .40S&W versions? If so, I wonder if Springfield will drop the .45GAP version of the XD.
              It's a little wider, but not by much. Hopefully, you can view This.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                It's a little wider, but not by much. Hopefully, you can view This.
                I can indeed, and thanks!

Dang, that looks trim. I have a Glock 21, which, by the picture, looks quite a bit larger in the grip than the .45ACP XD. Maybe one of these is in my future. :icon_cool

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
                  I can indeed, and thanks!

Dang, that looks trim. I have a Glock 21, which, by the picture, looks quite a bit larger in the grip than the .45ACP XD. Maybe one of these is in my future. :icon_cool
                  The XD was one of the best buys I've made. It holds it's own against Glocks very well, and it's cheaper. The only real issue with it is the compound spring is weak. My buddy had his break in the gun and he had to "spin" the spring out of it before he could get the pistol apart. But it's an easy fix: spend an extra $25 and buy a 1911 style guide-rod and spring.

Comment

I bought my wife the xdsc 9mm and it's a terrific pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                      i like wilson combat arms as well...talk about being salty
                      Wilson Combat CQB = t3h pwn4g3r 0f n00bz?

I think so indeed! Buy me one for Christmas and I'll be your BF2 human shield for life.
                      |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                        I bought my wife the xdsc 9mm and it's a terrific pistol.
                        My buddy Rich finally bought his first pistol: a 9mm XD Service model. He loves it.

Comment

The only gun I've ever shot was a BB gun way back during cub scouts. I'd like to eventually learn how to shoot :p

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
                            The only gun I've ever shot was a BB gun way back during cub scouts. I'd like to eventually learn how to shoot :p
                            Oh shooting sports are so much fun. Fortunately for me, I'm located near the largest privately owned tactical training facility in the country, Blackwater, which offers all sorts of amazing courses to professionals and civilians.

I'm sure Texas, home of the armed citizen, has plenty of decent training facilities around. You should see if a basic handgun course is offered. Or heck, go cheap and just find a friend who is experienced and can teach you the basics of firearm safety and operation. A lot of local law enforcement agencies offer introductory courses too.
                            |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
                              I'd like to eventually learn how to shoot :p
                              College Station has a gun range that let's you rent pistols to shoot. Austin may or may not have something along these lines. Ask around.

A class would be a GREAT option to circumvent any guess work you would have to do on your own. Just make sure you get a good instructor who will also show you how to clear jams and other forms of malfunctions.

The main piece of advice I can give you about learning how to correctly handle and operate a firearm is: Ask people more knowledgable than you. I don't think I've ever seen a shooter who didn't like to pass down knowledge and advice to others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X