Gun Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Control

Yah right like i would start a Thread with that title..id get banned from TG and flamed in more ways then one....Our other thread about guns and such is getting interesting so i figured i would start a thread bout Concealed Carry

post your postion and if you do carry what do you carry and how often

me personally when i get back to ohio im going to go with my dad and get ours....ive been looking at the baby desert eagles....45cal....nice guns...or probably something of the 1911 frame

keep it civil and adult.
    Yah i have a CCW permit, and do carry
    22.45%
    Yah i have one but dont carry
    8.16%
    Not yet, but getting one soon
    26.53%
    Nope wont get one
    22.45%
    Against it completely
    20.41%
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Gun Control

You cant posses a weapon like that in Britain. I have an air rifle and soon you will probably need a permit for those things too.

Comment

Glock 23. Depends on where I am going. Maybe 3 - 4 times a week.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I carry my Kimber Compact .45 or my XD40. Within the next few month I will have a holster pressed for my Beretta PX4 and will start carrying that exclusively.

I carry my pistol everywhere I can legally take it. The only times I really have to leave it at home is if I'm sent to a job-site.

Comment

Glock 30 or full size 1911. Like my wallet, it goes everywhere I go (except my full time place of employment where it is prohibited).

Comment

My CCW is random coins in my wallet! So yeah, if the SHTF I throw money at the problem.

IMO Citizen control > gun control.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I thought carrying a weapon would be RARE. Do you guys feel it necessary to carry a weapon or is it just a comfort thing? Have you ever been in a situation where you felt you may need to use your weapon?

I'm curious because I live in a place where civilians never carry a weapon. Our cops don't carry either. We do have armed police but you only ever see them at airports or guarding military compounds of some description.

If you saw a civilian with a concealed weapon in the street would you be worried? ( like if you say the weapon under thier jacket or whatever)

Comment

It's like life insurance. You hope you never need it, but when you do need it, you'd better have it.

I've noticed a few dudes carrying and it doesn't bother me unless they have it tucked into the crotch of their pants.

Comment

Yes, part of the job.

It goes where I go. Why? Because I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Is it a comfort issue? Yes of sorts. I feel that in this dangerous society I can better protect my wife and children. I wear it in church. At first I was given a bit of flak for that. However, after a few church shootings that flak has given way to people being thankful that I am watching out for them. If I lived in a more passive society I probably wouldn't have the need/desire to carry. But that is not where I live or work.

Many people equate carrying a gun to having some sort of authority complex. I have a desire to live and protect others complex.

Glock 27 - 40 cal.
                  "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                  [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

in america if im correct 45 states have some sort of CCW...that was of 2 years ago..in the US we view it as a right and safety thing. if you have a CCW you know what you are doing and standing for. i wouldnt be afraid of someone who had the permit or who was carrying cuase you have to thru some good stuff to get it...background and checks. When im home all my friends have them and carry.

im just leary of the ones who have them and would never carry or use there carry cuase they "froze" up
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I read In Cold Blood when I was a kid and knew right then that I'd never allow myself to watch my wife and children murdered in front of me. I take personal responsibility for my family's safety until the fuzz arrive, at which time I'll happily hand the job over to them.

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                        I thought carrying a weapon would be RARE. Do you guys feel it necessary to carry a weapon or is it just a comfort thing? Have you ever been in a situation where you felt you may need to use your weapon?
                        I've been in a few over the years. I did whatever I could to avoid them and wouldn't have needed a weapon. But the option is there and it costs me nothing to have that option. To me, it's like a seatbelt.

I'm curious because I live in a place where civilians never carry a weapon. Our cops don't carry either. We do have armed police but you only ever see them at airports or guarding military compounds of some description.
                        Scotland lacks a second ammendment. Further, police aren't held accountable for my safety. So I rely on myself for that protection.

If you saw a civilian with a concealed weapon in the street would you be worried? ( like if you say the weapon under thier jacket or whatever)
                        If I can notice it, it's not concealed. Granted, I do know what to look for and it would really depend on the person I saw. I doubt I would give it a second glance if I saw it in passing and the person wasn't doing anything suspicious.

Comment

If it is visible and a badge isn't I'm making a phonecall to the po po. If nothing else it will teach them better concealment in the future.
                          "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

i do much prefer our stance on firearms over here, i would find it difficult to sleep at night knowing everyday citizens are walking around with firearms and prepared to use them when they deem nessasary

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                              until the fuzz arrive
                              lol @ American using such a quaint English term :)

We need sensible gun laws in England. If you're mentally and physically competent, you should be allowed to own, carry, and if need be use a sidearm. We really don't *need* anything more than sidearms in this country (much as I'd love a humvee complete with .50 cal on the roof).

The fact that someone may be armed would increase the fear factor for anyone considering a crime like mugging, rape or assault. Anything that makes criminals afraid is a good thing.

Originally posted by Xink
                              i would find it difficult to sleep at night knowing everyday citizens are walking around with firearms and prepared to use them when they deem nessasary
                              Why would you find it hard to sleep? Law abiding citizens with legally owned weapons would frighten you? Aren't you already frightened that criminals are walking round with them? Aren't you already frightened that forces personnel will sell illegal guns to you if you know the right pubs?

Crime is on the increase, and if you forget street wardens, PCSO's and those new-fangled people that have replaced the police on the motorways, you're looking at fewer police where they're needed. A criminal doesn't fear being caught these days. I've had a criminal down in the middle of the street and had to wait 15 minutes for emergency response units before. I live in the most violent town in the UK (home office stats), and we have nowhere near enough police. The fact that criminals have always been armed is precisely ONE of the reasons why citizens should be allowed (but never, ever REQUIRED) to be armed. The other of course, is to enable the people to protect themselves from the government should the time ever come.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X