Star Wars 7-9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars 7-9

do you think this is real, all 3 of them?
    http://www.starwarssequeltrilogy.com/

George Lucas, said in an interview that he was done. These were also out before completion of the 3 new movies. I really dont know what to think.

Re: Star Wars 7-9

No way. He can't just erase everything written in the novels, comics, video games, etc. Besides, that sounds like a crappy B movie plot.

---

Comment

For some reason I dont beleive that, I dont think he will make anymore. Their is a tv showing coming out sometime though.

Comment

It's 100% not real. Lucas has stated in the past that if he DID make 7-9 they would be based on the New Jedi Order books, which that is not.

Comment

"SuperShadow" is a liar and a hack. Do not listen to anything he says or writes.

Originally posted by AzzMan
          It's 100% not real. Lucas has stated in the past that if he DID make 7-9 they would be based on the New Jedi Order books, which that is not.
          Where did you hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
            Hope that's true. The Vong are a cool enemy. I really like the idea of bioships and living weapons. I just hope Lucas gets a better director than himself.

---

Comment

I don't have a material link but I've seen something somewhere that he said that, and I commited it to memory to mention it whenever "Star Wars 7-9" come up and have nothing to do with the books.

Comment

I don't think lucas will make them (regardless of which script/plot/story they are), just because he won't let anybody else touch his baby but him, and he's not going to toss another decade of his life into the project. When he dies of a brain aneurism, his kids will have a big court case and the winner will probably make some to cover his/her legal costs, and that's the only way you'll see star wars episode 7 ;).
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin
                  Hope that's true. The Vong are a cool enemy. I really like the idea of bioships and living weapons. I just hope Lucas gets a better director than himself.
                  Ugh, I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

Comment

Forget Star Wars. Seriously. I saw an episode of the Simpsons where they had a Lucas like character writing in depth exposition of the Empire's tax code....that's pretty much the gist of the last three episodes.

Take Padame's death at the end, what a crock that was: "um, there is no real reason for her dying, but damned if she isn't dying anyway."

Joss Whedon is where it's at. Serenity 4evah!

Crap, I just saw on wikipedia that he's writing The Amazing Xmen. More money out the door. :icon19:

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                      Forget Star Wars. Seriously. I saw an episode of the Simpsons where they had a Lucas like character writing in depth exposition of the Empire's tax code....that's pretty much the gist of the last three episodes.
                      If ever there was a series that should have died long ago, the Simpsons would be it. Star Wars still has an entire galactic history that could be hit on. The Simpsons has already gone all the places a fat man and his socially destructive son can go. The Simpsons has been down a long road from "gut busting hilarity" to "down-right weird."

Take Padame's death at the end, what a crock that was: "um, there is no real reason for her dying, but damned if she isn't dying anyway."
                      The fact that the entire scene revolves around both Padme's death and Vader's "Birth" would let someone allude to the fact that Vader is subconsiously reaching out via the force in order to siphon Padme's lifeforce away. Just because someone has "lost the will to live" doesn't mean they die.

You could argue that Anakin damaged Padme severely when he force choked her, but the droids would have given that as their prognosis. Why a droid would make the "will to live" comment is retarded, but it's statement leads one to believe something was affecting her that the doctors could not quantify.

Whereas I did find a lot of the PT not so stellarly written, I found the themes that were presented powerful. And unlike many others, I did find it enjoyable that not everyone had "epic" one-liners that are supposed to make some kind of emotional statement.

I got so sick of that in LotR among other films.

I'll take a line from the comically bad dialog from AvP (not verbatim):
                      "This place is like a prison. We took the guards guns and now the prisoners are running free. To restore order, the guards need their guns."

WHO talks like that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        Ugh, I just threw up a bit in my mouth.
                        I know it sounds stupid but the authors are decent and make it interesting.

She's supposed to die. Says so in the original trilogy.

orget Star Wars. Seriously. I saw an episode of the Simpsons where they had a Lucas like character writing in depth exposition of the Empire's tax code....that's pretty much the gist of the last three episodes.
                        Agreed that the prequels suck. But the Expanded Universe stuff is great. The Thrawn Trilogy, New Jedi Order, X-Wing Series, etc.

Joss Whedon is where it's at. Serenity 4evah!
                        Crap, I just saw on wikipedia that he's writing The Amazing Xmen. More money out the door.
                        *pumps fist*
                        *reads second sentence*
                        *drools slightly*
                        :madsmile:

---

Comment

george lucas is a talentless hack.

that is all.

Comment

Very mixed feelings about the prequels. Sequels? Egh... I don't know.

Whatever happens, there is always Episodes 4-6.
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

After nearly worshipping episodes 4-6 I was totally excited to see Episode 1. I darn near walked out of the theater. Episode 2 was no better. I have not even watched 3. Don't plan to either. Lucas made the movies for grommets.
                              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X