Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie

Hey guys, Im making another movie and im seeking this music. I have heard it about a hundred times but dont know they name of it. The best way i can describe it is, high pitched chanting, its really dramatic and it is used to build up to something. I think they used it in Kong. Does anyone know what its called? Thanks-Will

Re: Movie

Chanting? Like Gregorian chant? Like what Enigma uses in a lot of their songs?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You don't mean that LotR remix of the song from Requiem for a Dream do you?

Comment

Sorry for being so vague. I'm not familiar with enigma so i wouldnt know. Have you seen kong, because it was used in that. Its the generic dramatic build up music. It sounds a whole lot like the intro to Halo 2, except higher and more dramtatic. Thanks for the help -Will

Comment

Yeah azzman maybe, is there anywhere to listen to it?

Comment

The choral piece most often used in trailers is O Fortuna, from Carl Orf's Carmina Burana opera. I've uploaded an mp3, that part around 1:40 is the section most easily recognized in trailers, although they usually use an early part also.

The requiem for a dream music is more recent, but is strings, not choral.

Also, if it's really sad building choral arangement, then it might be Angus Dei, an arrangment of Barber's Adagio for Strings, most easily recognized (among geeks) as the music from Homeworld.

Comment

Does it go like this " Da da da da-da...da da da, daaaaa-da da-da"

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                Does it go like this " Da da da da-da...da da da, daaaaa-da da-da"
                I'm pretty sure that's the william tell overture, but there is only so much you can take from from a music to letter translation.

Comment

FYI, I pm'd hayes321 a link to O Fortuna and he said that it was the song he was looking for. In case you were waiting intently for the resoultion of this thread :)

Comment

oh thank God! Now we can resume our regularly-scheduled discusssion about bestiality and butt-cracks.

You tha man, rs_al!

Comment

YES O FORTUNA

I was trying to think of that for HOURS after I posted! Literally asking EVERYONE on my buddy list what the name of the song was and NO ONE knew!

Comment

I think I know what you're talkin about - it happens to be the music they play at the start of Patriot's home games.... just before the Pats run out onto the field they play that song - gives me goosebumps every single time :icon_lol:

(actually - just as that song concludes, they immediately bust into Crazy Train by Ozzy... starts with (brace yourself, more tunes-to-text:)

DUN-DUNT......... DUN-DUNT dun-dunt DUN-DUNT...... "ALL ABOARRRRRRRRRRD HA HA HA HA"!!!
                        Last edited by WhiskeySix; 01-05-2006, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Angus Dei is the texan version - in latin it is Agnus Dei (lamb of god)

Comment

Ya, I remember that song and just heard it recently on a carlton draft ad. Which is really worth checking out as it may just be the best commercial advertisement for beer I have ever seen, http://www.bigad.com.au/

I dont know about you guys, but that really made me want to have a carlton draft. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X