Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hicks Vs. Spics, or Why I love Central Florida.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hicks Vs. Spics, or Why I love Central Florida.

http://www.wftv.com/news/5869345/detail.html

EDIT: Found a better source of information.

Re: Hicks Vs. Spics, or Why I love Central Florida.

People just have no sense of humor anymore. Everything is offensive and nothing is in good fun. PC garbage.....

Comment

Yea I'm in orlando and heard about this on Orock. The DJ was all up in arms - stupid. I wish this world wasn't so uptight.

Comment

Sounds like a Dave Barry column.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

WHERE IN ORLANDO

TG meet FL for the win! We have like the second highest concentration of users!

And who's the DJ in the morning? I dont evne remember, isn't it Pat Lynch and Taco Bob?

Comment

I don't think that reprimanding a government official for using racial slurs is unreasonable. It's definitely not a matter of political correctness. Or maybe it is, but, ironically, it's the literal version of political correctness and not the new definition that "PC" has come to represent.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think it's ok to reprimand the public information officer for poor judgement. After all, communicating with the public is kind of her job - if she's insulting the public, she's not doing her job very well. It is still ok to admonish someone for saying something stupid, right?
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                I don't think that reprimanding a government official for using racial slurs is unreasonable. It's definitely not a matter of political correctness. Or maybe it is, but, ironically, it's the literal version of political correctness and not the new definition that "PC" has come to represent.
                I can stand up for that - being in the political arena means facing the scrutiny of your constituants and being accountable for stepping over the line.

Without seeing the video its hard to say whether or not it was meant in decent humor or not.. it may have been perfectly reasonable and funny - especially if it was tongue-n-cheek true, but it wasn't her place to do it.

But the fact that it even happened is 'simply Florida'.. that is so true.. politically funny things do happen here.

BTW - Azz, I want to Photo school in DB. 1989-1992
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...