Futurama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama

So I just heard some news that fox is considering bringing back the show. Which really kicks ass, futurama's one of my favorite shows and one of the most underated out there. Anyone else enjoy this masterpiece of animation?

I also think if this happens adult swim is definitely going down in the television history books, if that even exists. To have the power to bring back two canceled tv shows really says something.

Re: Futurama

Futurama was a fresh start with Greoning. It had so much potential because it went to an era that few sitcoms/series could go. And it has so many Sci-Fi shows it has yet to parody.

That's the problem with prime time TV now: you can only take so many series with the same MO.

1. A bunch of friends go through quirky and semi-humouros stories of their lives.
    2. An aging man handles family life.
    3. A bunch of med students working to become doctors.
    4. The garbage pile of reality TV.

A show about a fat man and his dysfunctional family was played out 5 years ago. It's time to let it die.

My only beef with the show is Fry's unbelievable stupidity. If they could down it down just a notch, he'd be much more interesting. It seems he only shines when he has to (Leela's blind, he flies the ship with strings while using the laser cannons as well). But I guess that's his fate.

PS: Best dialog ever:

Prof: Before we go into the crushing depths, everyone must take these anti-pressure pills.
    :: pulls out 3 foot pill::
    Amy: I'm not swallowing that.
    Prof: THEN I HAVE GOOD NEWS!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX

Prof: Before we go into the crushing depths, everyone must take these anti-pressure pills.
      :: pulls out 3 foot pill::
      Amy: I'm not swallowing that.
      Prof: THEN I HAVE GOOD NEWS!
      Prof: Its a suppository!
      War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas
        Prof: Its a suppository!

haha u rember that one i big ass pill he has to stick up his ass. I think zoidberg is awsome.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
        Delta MICS
        Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Originally posted by slugslinger
          I think zoidberg is awsome.
          no truer words have ever been spoken. Zoidberg is my favorite character of all time really. You just cannot not like him, theres just something about a lobster doctor with hopes and dreams that are completely futile that is so likable.

Which also brings me to another point, not is a very funny looking word.

Comment

Futurama is awesome!

Leela: we're at 600 atmospheres
            Fry: how many atmospheres can this ship take?
            Leela: Well this is a spaceship...so anywhere between 1 and 0.
            (or something like that)
            that episodes the best, imo. And then theres the cigar and zoidberg homeowner incident.
            |TG-4th|MalyJay
            [GMT] [EST+5]

Comment

I have to say though, the one thing that stands out about futurama above all animated shows and most live action is that it can be so touching and endearing.
              Just episodes like frys dog or the giant honeybee episode when fry gets stung completely brings it to a standard that no animated show has ever reached. If I had to make a list of the best tv shows of all time, futurama would most likely be at the top.

Comment

I love Futurama and would be estatic if they brought it back (especially considering the Simpsons has been on the downslope for a while now). Interstingly, I was able to pick up some bootleg DVD's in Iraq of all places. About six months ago I saw a rumor that they were thinking of doing a direct to DVD movie, but I haven't heard anything new about that.

This topic piqued my curiousity, so I did some digging. Variety article about possible comeback: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2562

Slightly off topic, but awesome, a Bender case mod: http://www.wymenfan.com/bender/

Comment

OMG, I thought Banano and I were the only ones....

We have the DVD box sets of all seasons 1-4 and have watched them all at least 10 times.
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

The be-all, end-all quote from Futurama is two words.

I WIN.

Comment

Windmills Do Not Work That Way!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed