Phew and Bugger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew and Bugger

Last October one afternoon while smoking a cigarrette on the balcony, i watched as a fight developed on the street below me. Two gangs came together and there was a lot of shouting with "someone's merc'd my boy" and lots of "leave it, Tony! he ain't worth it!"s going on.

Then the 'leader' of one gang stepped to another guy (who is a right scum bag, and comes from a family of scum bags) and they're nose to nose screaming at each other.

The scum bag throws a punch at the other and they start to grapple and fight. Next thing i see is the other's hand move real quick across the scum bag's neck and then he stands back and puts something in his pocket.

At the same time, the scum bag half steps half falls backward clutching at his neck. Then i could see he'd been stabbed and there was blood spurting out of his neck at a thoroughly unfriendly rate.

The other guy takes off as another guy, a friend of the scum bag, sees what has happened and starts to chase the stabber with a big stick. The scum bag is wandering around in daze demanding that someone call him an ambulance (i lean over the balcony and shout "you're an ambulance!")*

His mate, one of the gang he came with cooly calls for an ambulance like he's ordering a pizza, and a few girls from downstairs start to help the scumbag with towels and stuff to staunch the flow.

As the scumbag bleeds to death, as most of his blood is now on the wrong side of himself, the paramedics turn up but won't go near him until the police get there, because of the presence of knives. The police then arrive and the paramedics start to work on the scumbag, who at this point is very nearly dead.

Unbelievably, the one with the big stick comes back after chasing the stabber and starts attacking the paramedics...the paramedics trying to save his friend's life, this is....but is eventually pulled off by four big policeman.

By now, there's blood all over the street in puddles, coppers everywhere and lots of people arriving, saying 'what happened? what happened?'

Nobody says much when the police come round asking questions as i live in the sort of place where that's seen as 'not being terribly good for your health', but i decide that i don't like people coming here stabbing people on my doorstep where my kids could have seen it (fortunately they were away that day) so i tell them everything and give a statement with every last detail on how i saw this guy stab the scumbag, from beginning to end.

After a few weeks they catch the stabber and set a court date for the end of Jan. i'm their 'star witness' and as much as i'm glad to be doing the right thing i was obviously a bit concerned over me and my family's safety.

So, i was both relieved, but also very disappointed to get a letter from the police today, letting me know that the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) have decided to drop the charge and 'Offer No Evidence'.

i guess having someone actually see another person stab another person in the neck in front of them on a bright sunny day just isn't good enough evidence these days....

Incidentally, the scum bag incredibly survived (err ...hooray..) and spent the next 2 months in hospital after having lost something like 5 or 6 pints of blood apparently, or so i heard.

*not really :)

Edit: i forgot to mention, the letter came on the same delivery as another letter from the same police force saying i could recoup 15 of the the £30 i paid for a Not Wearing a Seatbelt fine i got just before chrimbo, if i attend an education seminar on the the wearing of seatbelts...

Re: Phew and Bugger

Very disappointing. And possibly even more dangerous for you...

Glad you stepped up to do the right thing, though. Thanks.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That's a tale worthy of Sussex Police 9. It's also pretty typical for the CPS. They often refuse to prosecute in cases where there's enough evidence to convict.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Unfortunately violence is up against the emergency services. I know that there are regular incidences of people throwing rocks at british fire engines. Why on earth would someone want to do that?
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator
          Unfortunately violence is up against the emergency services. I know that there are regular incidences of people throwing rocks at british fire engines. Why on earth would someone want to do that?
          Because they're scum. If you want the long answer, because they weren't brought up properly by their parents, and weren't smacked as children when it was appropriate. That and they have no fear of being caught (lack of policemen) and no fear of the consequences of being caught (our courts don't hand out long hard labour jail sentences).
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It is truely a problem with our society that the crime level is so serious.

Originally posted by Root
            Because they're scum. If you want the long answer, because they weren't brought up properly by their parents, and weren't smacked as children when it was appropriate. That and they have no fear of being caught (lack of policemen) and no fear of the consequences of being caught (our courts don't hand out long hard labour jail sentences).
            I would agree that poor parenting can often be blamed but I don't think banging as many people up as possible for as long as possible is going to solve anything. Sometimes it helps, but often it doesn't. I think the recent shift to trying to target potential criminals while they are disruptive youths is a good idea.
            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
              ....and there was blood spurting out of his neck at a thoroughly unfriendly rate.

As the scumbag bleeds to death, as most of his blood is now on the wrong side of himself.
              I love how you English have a knack for phrases like these.

Excellent story 9V....i hope nothing troubling for you comes of it.

Dirt013
              Dirt013

Comment

Who feels like siderailing this thread to talk about gun ownership?:row__642:

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                  Who feels like siderailing this thread to talk about gun ownership?:row__642:
                  Like about how violent crime in the UK is increasing alarmingly since gun ownership has been banned/restricted, while states in the USA that allow concealed carry have steadily decreasing violent crime rates?:row__631:

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and support, guys. i think we're all safer now, as being willing to testify isn't as bad here as actually testifying. i will of course keep you all updated as to my personal health and safety, of course :)

To be honest, i don't think gun ownership comes into it. As Wintermute alludes to the problem is kids are growing up in a society that doesn't function properly without respect and consideration for other people, and are not being held account for their actions as we were before. (As in the good old bad old days...)

For instance, another example is a few days ago my mum was walking down the road, she's a pensioner, and some little sonovabitch about 14 years old on his bmx, kicked her in the back to the ground, and rode off laughing. (We'll see how much the little **** laughs when i catch him and slowly break every one of his limbs and each and every finger)

In that situation, with relaxed gun control, who is more likely to have had a gun, and what might the result have been then?

Anyway, this isn't a gun issue, it's about civil society taking a nosedive because the number of incosiderate, selfish and materialistic people in this country has reached a critical mass. It's cool to be pig-thick, and cool to act like an a****** these days, and while the rest of us just shake our heads and tut tut it will continue to do so.

Also, the reason i mentioned the seatbelt fine is to highlight that someone who stabs someone else in the neck in front of witnesses, gets less punishment than someone who doesn't like to wear seatbelts.

i broke a law that i don't agree with, and i was fined. That's ok. What i really object to, is the fact that our country's police are being directed to concentrate their efforts more on pulling up motorists as easy targets, rather than, more importantly, nipping anti-social behaviour in the bud at it's source.

After a break from England for just a little while, i couldn't wait to get back. i love my country and proud as hell of it when i'm abroad, but i tell you, there is clearly something going very wrong here. The lack of moral fibre and respect for others is getting worse, i see it on my own estate that i've lived on for over 20 years.

The only thing that'll change the tide now i think, is something major, that'll bring this country together again. Like a good war with France, par example.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                      For instance, another example is a few days ago my mum was walking down the road, she's a pensioner, and some little sonovabitch about 14 years old on his bmx, kicked her in the back to the ground, and rode off laughing. (We'll see how much the little **** laughs when i catch him and slowly break every one of his limbs and each and every finger)
                      A while back, one of my BMX-riding mates made the mistake of riding on a boards-only skatepark, and thus irritated a few skaters. They "confiscated" his bike, found out where he lived, and tossed it one piece at a time through his front window the next day. You should try it, might be therapeutic :)

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                      |TG-2nd|munchkin
                      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
                        Like about how violent crime in the UK is increasing alarmingly since gun ownership has been banned/restricted, while states in the USA that allow concealed carry have steadily decreasing violent crime rates?:row__631:
                        Sounds good to me. Although 9 is right, in this case, guns aren't an issue.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                          i broke a law that i don't agree with, and i was fined. That's ok. What i really object to, is the fact that our country's police are being directed to concentrate their efforts more on pulling up motorists as easy targets, rather than, more importantly, nipping anti-social behaviour in the bud at it's source.
                          It's hard to have respect for the law when the law has no respect for you. Bumping murderers out of prison to make room for pot smokers and growers is insane.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                            It's hard to have respect for the law when the law has no respect for you. Bumping murderers out of prison to make room for pot smokers and growers is insane.
                            Don't get Root started on THAT issue!

Dirt013
                            Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                              Indeed. Make the jails bigger so there's room for all criminals, make jail something that the hardest, nastiest criminals don't look forward to, put more police on the streets to catch the criminals, simplify the justice system to that criminals get punished quicker, but without increasing the chances of innocent people being arrested.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X