A question in honor of MLK Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question in honor of MLK Day?

Howdy guys. I should have actaully done it on MLK day but better late then never. :icon20:

The question errr questions is. What do you think our world would be like if MLK was still alive? The second question is What would happen if instead of being killed he was injured and fell into a coma and awoke in the year 2000?
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: A question in honor of MLK Day?

I think that if MLK was still alive, we wouldn't have Jesse Jackson, and the world would be a better place.

If MLK was in a coma until 2000, I think he'd be please by how far we've come. He'd also know that we still have work to do. And he'd have a hella long beard.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Good question. Not one I'm prepared to answer, but one which I'll ponder.
      |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
        I think that if MLK was still alive, we wouldn't have Jesse Jackson, and the world would be a better place.

If MLK was in a coma until 2000, I think he'd be please by how far we've come. He'd also know that we still have work to do. And he'd have a hella long beard.
        Woah. Uhh.. Is this a joke? What does MLK have to do with Jesse Jackson, other that they're both black and speakers?

Onto custom's question. I think that if MLK was alive today, he would still be working towards the ends that he set out to achieve so long ago, but the road is long. Also, I don't think he'd be nearly as famous today if he had not been assassinated. I don't think he would have survived a coma, due to people trying to make sure he did not.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock
          Woah. Uhh.. Is this a joke? What does MLK have to do with Jesse Jackson, other that they're both black and speakers?
          Jesse Jackson has tried, with some success, to occupy the void in black civil rights leadership. Unfortunately, he might be doing more harm to the black community than good. I don't think Dr. King would agree with very much that Jesse Jackson spouts.

Comment

+ rep to Smoking Tarpan for that answer. No I don't think it was a joke. Jesse Jackson is an extortionist. He extorts money from big corporations by telling them if they don't donate money to his cause he will tell his followers to boycott them. A man of real principal like MLK would have just boycotted without the fleecing of the company. I believe that Tarpan is putting Jackson and MLK side by side and showing how much of a lesser person Jackson is than MLK was. Jackson runs around hollering, "racist" while MLK walked around calling for "racial equality".
            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock
              No, it is not a joke. In my opinion Jackson is not only a bigot, but arrogantly believes that he is the replacement for MLK. Except that MLK didn't cry racism every time a black person got a papercut (slight exaggeration).

Any good that Jackson has done, in my opinion, is overshadowed by the harm he causes by crying racism at every opportunity and inserting himself into exactly the wrong situations at the right time in order to get on the news. I wouldn't be surprised if MLK is rolling over in his grave.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                I wouldn't be surprised if MLK is rolling over in his grave.

I would. I take comfort in the fact that once someone is dead, their body stops moving and working :p

Also, I agree on the population vs. assassination thing. That served to bring out the "He was doing good stuff, but look what he endured to do it. They even killed him!!" Plus most people are more famous after their death.

As for what I think on this...

Situation Life) He would still be working very hard towards ending racism, because it is still a huge factor in our world today. The US has made gigantic leaps, and for the most part left segregation and harsher discrimination behind, there are still boundaries that remain, even if most are naught but ruins. There are many things that contribute to this, and now that the one of the greatest problems (segregation) has been removed, he would begin to tackle the rest of the foundations.

Situaton Coma) Despite the fact that he would be in the latter years of his life, he would still be striving to finish the work he started.

Comment

MLK was a great man who seen the good in people. We do have alot of work to go to make things how they should be and are working on it everyday. I think as someone said he would be proud of what has come about since his death. He had a mission and did that mission until the day he was killed.

..........yah jesse jackson, like most other civil rights people, only show up when it will make them look good. Bigot, racist or what ever he is only hurting his cuase. How could he advise clinton when he was having an affair himself during. i agree with ST on this topic...

but MLK was a good man and his legacy will always be remembered, he had some brass balls for what he was doing in his day
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...