X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free 411

A friend of mine sent this to me:

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 or more for 411
    information calls when they don't have to.

When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial
    *800 FREE 411* or 800 373 3411 without incurring a charge
    at all except for the minutes required to make the call.

This is information people don't mind receiving - Pass it on.
    Works on home phone also.

Snopes confirms it. This is cool. I quit using 411 from my cell because I didn't want to pay for it.
    It's True

Re: Free 411

Nice. I'll definitely be using this in the future. I happened to need to make a 411 call on my Sprint PCS phone last month and I was reviewing my statement yesterday and that call lasted 1 minute and cost $1.40!

Comment

I use this from my mobile phone while I'm driving, as it connects me to the number without me having to press any numbers. The entire experience is hands free (a la "safer"), including me telling my Bluetooth headset to dial the FREE 411 service itself.

Calls which the service connects you to are limited to just a few minutes (before you're disconnected), but I like that. They're controlling their costs, and I've yet to need a long conversation from someone's phone number I needed assistance to find.

The service makes you listen to about 20 seconds of ads before you're given the number. No such thing as a free lunch. Fortunately, I'm not looking for one.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I was wondering what the catch was. I received this email from a friend and trashed it immediately as spam
        "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

It's a useful service.

It's not free, but, then, who are we to expect such a thing?
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
            I'd rather listen to a few ads that pay $1.50 on my cell.
            Exactly! If it was 60 or 120 seconds of ads that might start to bug me but I can handle 20 seconds. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X