Presidential candidates for 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential candidates for 2008

Any guesses? I figure Hillary will be the dominant figure for the Dems. Do the Pubbies have anyone worth considering?

I'd love to see a statesman like Ron Paul (R, TX) run but I know the Pubbies would never do that. Paul keeps pointing at their emperor's lack of clothes, for one thing.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Presidential candidates for 2008

leejo.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      leejo.
      Seconded!

Comment

Sorry, got to go with Wyzcrak.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Wesley Clark make another run, if he fixed some of the issues he had with his campaign.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Rudy...the new york city mayor. i think he has the best chance, of working with both parties equally and fairly
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

From what I've heard, the Democrats are putting up a few Iraq/Afghanistan war vets. I'm not sure what the Republicans have got in mind.
              |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

I think Bernard B. Kerik ended Rudy G's Presidential chances: Too much ammo to hand the opposition. He's still an important political figure but I think now he's relegated to king-maker but never king.

George Allen seems to be making a gentle move towards a run.

I think Colin Powell is in an excellent position to market himself as a mainstream conservative. Some conservatives don't like him but he could still get the nod. Plus he's a retired general: There's a tendency to have former generals as President after 8ish years of war.

John McCain might run his problem is that he has more support from Democrats than Republicans. Still he's gotta be a frontrunner.

Condi Rice mops the floor with anyone, if she runs. I think she will.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                  Rock on. She'd get my vote.

Think about it, this could be the first election where no matter which party wins, we get a black president.

Of course, I'm counting Hillary in that mix. :D

But seriously, I did hear McCain is considering a run. Personally I don't think he'll make the cut. He's getting up there in years, I don't think he has the energy and his height of popularity has come and gone.

Guy I'd like to see run is Newt. Seriously. I content that anyone who has a negative kneejerk opinion of the guy has never really listened to him. I don't think he could be elected, but his speeches would be great.

Comment

I think Colin Powell is in an excellent position to market himself as a mainstream conservative. Some conservatives don't like him but he could still get the nod. Plus he's a retired general: There's a tendency to have former generals as President after 8ish years of war.
                    I would be completely stoked if Colin Powell ran. I'm not conservative by any means, but if I had to choose any candidate listed here right now based on their character alone, it would be Colin Powell.
                    |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                      Guy I'd like to see run is Newt. Seriously. I content that anyone who has a negative kneejerk opinion of the guy has never really listened to him. I don't think he could be elected, but his speeches would be great.
                      he has leadership skills thats for one thing. id vote for him,
                      -Vulcan

Comment

I think Bernard B. Kerik ended Rudy G's Presidential chances: Too much ammo to hand the opposition. He's still an important political figure but I think now he's relegated to king-maker but never king.

George Allen seems to be making a gentle move towards a run.

John McCain might run his problem is that he has more support from Democrats than Republicans. Still he's gotta be a frontrunner.

I'm just not excited about that list. Are there any state governors who are considered ready? Senators don't have a great track record for becoming presidents.

I don't think Colin Powell has the desire to get dirty, and wonder the same thing about Condi's ability to survive the political race.

George Allen may be too nice guy and quiet, and McCain doesn't have support from his own party.

I think Rudy has potential, but agree about baggage.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Well, I count myself a Dem, but I don't see anyone lining up that I'm interested in on '08.

That puts me in an untenable situation if Rice ends up being the GOP nominee. Vote for a lame duck Dem, or a Rep that I dislike.

Powell, Kemp, and a few other Cons I could vote for, respecting them as people, if not all of their political agenda. Not Rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
                            I don't think Colin Powell has the desire to get dirty, and wonder the same thing about Condi's ability to survive the political race.
                            It's just sad that it has to be that way.
                            |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

those are both good people and it is sad they wont run becuase they cant be mean and mud sling.

this is probably going to the most interesting election to date...unless Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson run and mess it all up. Hilary is to extreme and loud, and yah i think McCain is to past his due, that is until nader runs.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...