No announcement yet.

The "spy rock"

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "spy rock"

A very bizarre news story that broke this morning....most of the Brit newscasters seem to be having a hard time suppressing laughter whilst talking about it.

"Russia's state security service, the FSB, has accused British diplomats of spying in Moscow.
    It backed claims made in a Russian TV report which showed footage of what it said was British agents retrieving data from a fake rock planted on a street. The programme also said a UK diplomat made regular payments to Russian non-governmental organisations.

The UK Foreign Office said it was "concerned and surprised", and denied any improper conduct.
    Prime Minister Tony Blair has refused to comment on the Russian claims. During his monthly news conference on Monday he appeared to try to laugh them off, saying: "Look I only saw myself on Teletext this morning, the business about Russia.

"I'm afraid you're going to get the old stock-in-trade, of never commenting on security matters. Except when we want to, obviously."

And the rock itself....

Re: The "spy rock"

I hope this doesn't start a fake rock arms race. Well, it's nice to know NATO has a headstart in this critical field.

You'd figure they wouldn't be very surprised after the whole cold war.

lol@ fake rock arms race, something about a fake rock is just funny. Maybe it was all those pet rocks of yore...
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Its just the idea of a van load of security guys screeching up to random rocks in the city, tapping them a little to check for authenticity.

If it comes to a rock arms race, NATO are set. We do have Scotland after all....

There's this rock outside my apartment that's been looking at me funny for weeks. I think it's time to move.
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
            There's this rock outside my apartment that's been looking at me funny for weeks. I think it's time to move.
            He's onto us guys.
            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
            We are not a single game.
            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Maybe after all the flimsy intellegence they are getting from the US, they wanted some rock solid evidence. (insert disapproving groan here)
              Chris: Dad, I tried to go to school but this guy won't let me.
              Peter: Oh yeah? Him and what army?
              Chris: The U.S. Army.
              Peter: Oh, that's a good army.

Family Guy

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed