• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Army Smuggling Pot into TX?

I just saw this article. Yow!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182650,00.html

Re: Mexican Army Smuggling Pot into TX?

I have heard whispers of this for a bit now. It doesn't suprise me. But it does piss me off that we are allowing it.
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I don't trust Fox news.

Comment

Traffic's a good movie

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
          I don't trust Fox news.
          Well that's a brilliant insight. It's an AP story, as in French, btw. Fox just re-ran it.

I guess ad hominem attacks are only a problem when conservatives make them?

Comment

I almost made a joke that someone was going to attack this story because it ran on Fox. But then I said to myself, "nah, that would just be dumb."

haha, I should have known better.
            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Seems there's been a concern about causing an international incident. Then we hear there are men in Mexican Army uniforms setting up machine guns on our side of the border. Seems like we already have an international incident. I'm curious to see the followup on this one.

Comment

Yea what more do they hafta do to get attention? Drive to the alamo, urinate on it and let CNN broadcast it 24\7? El mexico, viva!
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Folks, this has been happening for years and years. Books have been written by Border Patrol Agents about this. Why the media picked it up this time, I don't know.

Mexico is a corrupt country. Here in the USA, politicians are known to "grease palms" and do the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" bit. In Mexico, it's a way of life at all levels of government. "Mordido" is expected by cops, federales, soldiers, too. And if they're not making enough from their bribes, they work for the local cartel.

Make no mistake, Mexico may be our political ally in international affairs, but they're most certainly not a culture that we want to completely absorb into our own. They're dangerous and need to be watched.

Heck, they've even got a "patron saint" for smugglers: Jesus Malverde
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

So what's the policy for dealing with members of the Mexican Army who happen to be on our side of the border with .50s and sacks of drugs?

Comment

Apparently, the policy is "What Mexicans? Which border? We have a border?"

Just the arrogance of them setting up MGs. What the hell do they think they need those for? Who are they considering dangerous enough that they need to protect this shipment with MGs? Our army? That's a hostile action. Our citizens -- say the Minutemen? Somehow I think that's even worse -- a foreign government on our soil threatening our citizens.

But what policy would matter? If we capture them, we would assume they were working without their superiors' knowledge... treat them as AWOL soldiers and return them to Mexico for appropriate punishment. Make up your own Mexican punishment joke ... slap on the wrist, 1 less bottle of tequila ration, a raise...

Trouble is with corruption, we don't know if they're working without their superiors' knowledge or not. How high an officer ordering this action would it take to consider it an official activity, a military-sanctioned violation of our border: an invasion?

We would have every right to treat this invasion with hostile response. That could range from a couple Apaches to a couple snipers with Barretts. A show of force on our side would be prudent. Doesn't have to be bloody, but it has to put an end to this.

Edit: I'd love to see the episode of Walker: Texas Ranger that deals with this! :icon_lol:

Comment

Chuck Norris vs. El Guapo!

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                          Seems there's been a concern about causing an international incident. Then we hear there are men in Mexican Army uniforms setting up machine guns on our side of the border. Seems like we already have an international incident. I'm curious to see the followup on this one.

now are they gonna try and stop americans from going over their border with those, cuase i think they mis understood the whole illegals crossing the border thing.

i would like to see them try and stop one brigade of american troops. If we park some tanks and Strikers near that place wonder if they will precieve us as a threat to the drug deal. Next few weeks this will be interesting. One mexican policitain stated that they where not Mexican army members, yah becuase we believe that
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Mexico is a corrupt country. Here in the USA, politicians are known to "grease palms" and do the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" bit. In Mexico, it's a way of life at all levels of government. "Mordido" is expected by cops, federales, soldiers, too. And if they're not making enough from their bribes, they work for the local cartel.

Make no mistake, Mexico may be our political ally in international affairs, but they're most certainly not a culture that we want to completely absorb into our own. They're dangerous and need to be watched.
                            Make no mistake, I would love to have someone with mexican descent reply to this. You know, that culture of there's, dope smoking marijuana fiends trying to steal our white american women. I fail to see how your description of US politicians is considered less corrupt just because it seems humorous to you in comparision to mexico. Could you possibly sound anymore racist?
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Let's remember, this is cheap mexican ragweed. Nobody smokes that stuff except for hippies without jobs.
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X