Ever taken a ride in a dryer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever taken a ride in a dryer?

Sunday morning around 8:30, I was going around a corner on a wet road and the rear end came around on me. needless to say, the ensuing trip SUCKED!!!!! I was not wearing a seatbelt (I was going from one parking lot to another and going no more than 30.) So I could have easily been killed.

A concussion, torn up shoulder, bruised kidney, shredded back (road rash & 2nd degree burns) bruised knee, misc cuts and bruises, glass everywhere (including my eyes) and one totalled car later, I'm still in pain and unable to work. It could have been a lot worse, but it was bad enough.

Warning to low bandwidth peoples, these pics are over 2 megs each, and the video is 16 megs.

front
    inside
    roof
    composite
    winshield
    driver front
    passenger
    movie mp4

rolled three times and stopped halfway down the hill. It could have gone 5 more times and landed on a very busy road, so I am thankful it was no worse.

thought I would share the scariest moments of my life with everyone if for no other reason than to warn you that

THERE ARE NO SAFE TRIPS! EVERY TIME BEHIND THE WHEEL CAN POTENTIALLY KILL YOU!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: Ever taken a ride in a dryer?

Holy crap! I'm glad you're ok. What an ordeal. Fortunately for me, I can't even disengage the hand brake without buckling up first. It's become so habitual that you could almost call it OCD.
    |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

All I can say is "Wow". You drive a PT Cruiser and you actually admit it?

Seriously, I keep hearing on the news about multiple teens dying in accidents while not wearing their seatbelts. Why does the younger crowd resist seatbelts? I know I didn't wear mine near as much when I first started driving.

I can't believe you could have bad enough oversteer at 30 mph to wipe out.

Glad you're OK.

Comment

My seatbelt is broken in my car, I usually just tie a knot. I'm sure that'll stop me going 50 down the highway.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

the reason I did not have a seatbelt on was because I was only going 250 feet. I went around the corner and hit a patch of ice, causing me to lose it.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Well that just sucks!! I hope everything works out for you okay, and wear that seatbelt next time! Much like Delta_Swift, I can't even shift my car out of park without putting my seatbelt on due to habit.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
              All I can say is "Wow". You drive a PT Cruiser...?"
              In the immortal words of Inspector Clouseau, "not any more."

Glad you're ok Ddogg!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                In the immortal words of Inspector Clouseau, "not any more."
                You sure that wasn't Steve Zissou?

Comment

=DdogG=,

Ouch. Glad you are ok. Get better soon, so we can frag your brusied [email protected]@ for not wearing a seatbelt!

Funny, I used to drive without a seatbelt all the time, but with the Passat I leased last year, it's impossible: there is an awful "wear seatblets tone" that will not cease until at least the driver puts their belt on.

Complete digression:

Actually the Passat is a really funny car. It's like Sgt. Schultz: heavy and yelling all the time. It looks so unprepossing, like an Accord, but you get inside and its all "Achtung!".:row__735: :icon19:

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    You sure that wasn't Steve Zissou?
                    I'm actually a member of Team Zissou and have the t-shirt to prove it. Stevsie may have said it too, but I was thinking of the time when the Inspector smashed "a priceless Steinway".

So a 250ft. drive resulted in rolling the car 3 times down a hill? That's a huge suck/ft ratio.

Comment

Glad your ok Dog. The PT is not a bad car. I had one as a spare. I noticed the air bag never deployed. Well now it is time to get well so we can use you for target practice.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I remember seeing a scene in a movie in which someone backs out of a driveway and is immediately flattened by a speeding dumptruck. Does anyone have a clue what I'm thinking about? Worst drive ever?

Comment

Hey Dog, glad you can out of that accident! Don't be in such a rush to park ;)
                          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                            I remember seeing a scene in a movie in which someone backs out of a driveway and is immediately flattened by a speeding dumptruck. Does anyone have a clue what I'm thinking about? Worst drive ever?
                            That happend in both Office Space and Adaptation (and probably others.)

Anyway, hope you get better dude. I don't wear a seatbelt in my car because it doesn't have any (1965, before they were mandatory). My car is pretty much a death trap.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ive been in a rollover, but not nearly as bad as yours. Only a black and blue eye, I was in the back seat. Driver dislocated his shoulder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X