I pwn noobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pwn noobs

Does anyone else get really pissed off with this sentence? Not only is it the most cliched thing in gaming at the moment (in my opinion) but it also (in my opinion) shows a further degree of stupidity. I mean where's the bragging rights in beating someone who is so new to the game he doesn't know how to play properly. I mean, is that the best you can do? Not "I took down the 5th rated player in the world" or "I took out a dedicated squad single handedly", but really "I'm so useless my life goal to date consists of killing someone who was in the config screen looking up what his duck button was".

It's like bragging that you shoot dogs, and not fast agressive dogs like rotweillers, but dumb dogs barely capable of movement like a St. Bernard. Scrub that, it's like bragging that you can shoot a sloth from 3 meters with a shotgun.

I wouldn't have a problem if it developed a way into our culture as a slang term if used in the right way. Substituted for "Like taking candy from a baby" or "Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs" - both phrases about something that is very easy to do - then I could understand it.

"Wow, that was like pwning noobs".

Discuss :)

Re: I pwn noobs

Originally posted by Wulfyn
    Not only is it the most cliched thing in gaming at the moment...
    By "at the moment" do you mean "at the turn of the century"? :P

Comment

Hey now. That sloth was coming RIGHT FOR ME. :(
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

"Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs?" ... wait.. what?

Comment

Does anyone else get really pissed off with this sentence? Not only is it the most cliched thing in gaming at the moment (in my opinion) but it also (in my opinion) shows a further degree of stupidity.
          Yep, I sure do. It not only displays a mind-boggling level of immaturity and stupidity, but it also is completely rude to fellow gamers.

I mean where's the bragging rights in beating someone who is so new to the game he doesn't know how to play properly.
          There aren't any.

I mean, is that the best you can do? Not "I took down the 5th rated player in the world" or "I took out a dedicated squad single handedly", but really "I'm so useless my life goal to date consists of killing someone who was in the config screen looking up what his duck button was".
          Sadly, this is the best most players can do. Also, sadly, without those players, I would never have a kill to my name, but at least I don't gloat. :row__572:

It's like bragging that you shoot dogs, and not fast agressive dogs like rotweillers, but dumb dogs barely capable of movement like a St. Bernard. Scrub that, it's like bragging that you can shoot a sloth from 3 meters with a shotgun.
          You need 3 meters? Man, you suck! I can shoot a sloth at 300 meters with a shotgun, one handed, with my back turned, using a mirror to target.

I wouldn't have a problem if it developed a way into our culture as a slang term if used in the right way. Substituted for "Like taking candy from a baby" or "Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs" - both phrases about something that is very easy to do - then I could understand it.
          "I'm got all Wulfyn on his [email protected]@"?

"Wow, that was like pwning noobs".
          This was a noob discussion.

Comment

"I'm so useless my life goal to date consists of killing someone who was in the config screen looking up what his duck button was".
            LMAO.

Dirt013
            Dirt013

Comment

apparently someone got pwnd recently and are still pissed about it
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

You've made the classic mistake of confusing the term "newb" or "newbie" with "noob". The latter is merely a label to define someone with less skill than you; also used as an insult to call someone stupid.
                [squadl]
                "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  apparently someone got pwnd recently and are still pissed about it
                  What a noob response! :icon19:

Comment

Lol @ Tarpan

seems I have out-noobed myself ;)

Comment

!!!
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

This whole thread is a good reminder of why TG is such a good community - l33t speak is not simply frowned on, it's laughed at.

1d10ts!

Comment

^ and you guys thought my grammer and spelling was bad, geez

last night i found my self swearing becuase of the noob tube, was a great feeling. Then i switched to it so i could get them back.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

It irks me to no end. The whole "l33t speak" thing annoys me even in jest. I tend to DELETE posts that I see loaded with it purely on the fact that I don't want that as the representation of outsiders when they come and look at our forums.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Leet speak gets annoying. Especially when you are trying to read other forums and you find them loaded with it. As for pwning noobs, it just isn't the same to nail noob pilots with missles. I actually sometimes feel compelled to join their team and their squad and give them tips. Most just ignore the missle lock or never use the look behind buttons.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X