'Proper Armamanet'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Proper Armamanet'

"What we want to do is equip our protective force with the capability that will leave no doubt about the outcome,"

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/lab....ap/index.html
    sigpic

Re: 'Proper Armamanet'

http://www.saunalahti.fi/omahonen/minigun.wmv
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot
      "What we want to do is equip our protective force with the capability that will leave no doubt about the outcome,"

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/lab....ap/index.html
      "If you don't have the firepower, that's one kind of security weakness, but if you do have the firepower, you potentially endanger nearby workers and community members because it's such a compact site," said Marylia Kelley, executive director of Tri-Valley CARES, a Livermore-based activist group.

Um, not quite as dangerous as a freekin' nuclear core meltdown! Hippie. :row__642:
      New to TG?

Comment

I don't know what was scarier... THE GUN or that they Let Jesse James use it...LOL!!! That was pretty kewl though.... FAILING SUCKS!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

LOL. holy cow! That completely destroyed that rx7!! That was cool. Big gun for a small space, but there is no doubt you could destroy someone if neccesary...

Comment

Overkill, what the hell are they expecting to use this on that normal guns couldn't? Suicide bombers?
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I think it's absolute overkill, and absolutely silly.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Why don't they just plant C4 on the flag like everyone else?
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                  Why don't they just plant C4 on the flag like everyone else?
                  :row__572:
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by A couple people
                    ...overkill...
                    That's the point. This type of weapon is designed to dissuade anyone from attempting an assault on that facility. What do you think " leave no doubt about the outcome" means?

Comment

i for once agree with buck. I think they did the over kill on purpose, i for one would not want to try my zig zag skills against one as im running toward the plant with explosives tied to my body, i would be made into soup.
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                        That's the point. This type of weapon is designed to dissuade anyone from attempting an assault on that facility. What do you think " leave no doubt about the outcome" means?
                        I think that's a great idea. In fact, I think that they should be given rocket launchers as well. Also, I think nearby F-16s should be scrambled to drop 5000lb bombs on any joker who looks suspicious. And maybe a few tactical nukes, just to seal the deal.

After all, we don't want any doubt about the outcome.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                        [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                        Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by Diceman
                          I think that's a great idea. In fact, I think that they should be given rocket launchers as well. Also, I think nearby F-16s should be scrambled to drop 5000lb bombs on any joker who looks suspicious. And maybe a few tactical nukes, just to seal the deal.

After all, we don't want any doubt about the outcome.
                          They've already got surface to air missile systems and a hotline to the DoD. You act like they're talking about mounting miniguns around Disneyland or something...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            They've already got surface to air missile systems and a hotline to the DoD. You act like they're talking about mounting miniguns around Disneyland or something...
                            No one's talking about Disneyland. I'm wanting to make the point that there is some notion of overkill which can't be denied. Maybe these guns are overkill, and maybe they aren't. I wonder what kinds of threats they may come up against which they require the minigun for. I wonder if these threats can't be dealt with just as effectively with an onsite ERT team; maybe even give the ERT team the miniguns, but this way the controls are better.

The fact is that increasing the armament level of a particualr site increases the potential for damage to the surrounding area. At some point, more firepower (installed in pursuit of security) becomes self-defeating, because the firepower itself is a danger.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                            [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                            Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by Diceman
                              The fact is that increasing the armament level of a particualr site increases the potential for damage to the surrounding area. At some point, more firepower (installed in pursuit of security) becomes self-defeating, because the firepower itself is a danger.
                              If those miniguns are ever used, it will because of something far scarier than a shot up residential neighborhood...

Do you know what sort of things are at Lawrence Livermore?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X