• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Pizza Delivery

Pretty awesome :P
    http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

Re: The Future of Pizza Delivery

what the HELL was ALL OF THAT

pretty much the weirdest thing I've seen all day.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
      what the HELL was ALL OF THAT

pretty much the weirdest thing I've seen all day.

the alcu saying that we are pretty much headed to the kind of society where everyone's information is available to everyone....unless someone does something about it...

*shrug* the alcu confuses me...they fight for weird stuff...they fight for normal stuff...they pretty much fight for anything.......except the stuff you want them to

Comment

Well we know half of that is pretty much true...

Wouldn't doubt that the rest is shortly around the corner...

ACLU ...Agreee with Section on that...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

nah the aclu only shows up when they need a donation drive...and thats great...!
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

That was hilarious, and yet scary. No, I DON'T want my personal information available to anyone and everyone who thinks they should see it.

Comment

I might sound a little ignorant, but where can a pizza parlor legally find out the shopping habits, work address, and private information of a customer? How would they have access to the credit reports of him, isn't that private information (although I've seen ads on the internet to find out the credit info on anybody for money).

It assumes they have a national ID, which I've heard rumors its coming but disguised as federal drivers liscenses. I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the RealID act though. Comical yet seems a little far-fetched. A lot of people would be pissed having to go through all the nonsense.

The ACLU seems some of the time to get a little overly-paranoid sometimes when they think the government is try to descend us into a big-brother techno nightmare and starts sounding the alarms. I'm not saying their never right, just sometimes they sound a little alarmist and irrational.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Social Security serves as a viable national ID number and many companies use this as a unique identifier. As it's a common unique identifier, it can be be used to find purchasing patterns. If it suddenly became unacceptable as a unique identifier, Drivers License would be the next likely identifier.

I don't like it, but companies are proceeding to gather any information possible on their customers.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Heh. Am I the only one who gives fake phone or ZIP code numbers to cashiers at Best Buy, Toys R Us, Radio Shack, etc.? When they ask, "Can I have your phone number?" I used to just say no, but got tired of it being so awkward. Now I just give them a 555 number. I'll opt out of your junk marketing stats, thank you very much. Now give me my 2 seconds back.

Seems the world is intent on making everything into the equivalent of a spam-plagued emailbox. And we wonder why A.D.D. is on the rise.

Comment

Heh. Am I the only one who gives fake phone or ZIP code numbers to cashiers at Best Buy, Toys R Us, Radio Shack, etc.? When they ask, "Can I have your phone number?" I used to just say no, but got tired of it being so awkward. Now I just give them a 555 number. I'll opt out of your junk marketing stats, thank you very much. Now give me my 2 seconds back.
                    Because a non-personal zipcode is really invading your privacy THAT much. Although I do understand how it gets annoying. I'm a casier some of the time at my job and we usually have the zip code stuff before the holiday season to see where to send out the ads (you know, like the ones you get in the sunday paper). I've had people YELL at the top of their lungs about how we don't need to know that sort of thing and detailed questions on what we use it for. Funny thing though, its hard to get answers from even the managers in the store because they don't even know what's it for besides a general "its for marketing". Makes you wonder sometimes what they really do with all this info.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Just as cigarettes get taxed for their "social cost", expect soon to see fatty foods taxed because overweight people cause more load on the publically-funded health systems.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I nearly got a job with a marketing company, and you wouldn't believe the money involved.

Credit Cards, Gift Cards, RFID, Anything with a unique identifier, you can almost guarantee it's being tracked somewhere. Terrabytes of data processed daily, and nothing gets deleted.

As for that little animation, HIPPA wouldn't allow the health facts be available that way. You're not even supposed to talk anonymously about a patient with someone who is not assigned to the patient as well.

Needless to say, there are definately people who want this to come true. Knowledge is power, and information makes the world go round, not money... that's just a side effect.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

That is pretty funny. ACLU stirring up stuph again. It's not so far out, except for perhaps the medical parts..

Pizza chains around here link all our purchase tendancies to our phone numbers which are automatically pulled up in their computer system when we call in.. Except now I order pizza from Vito's and I don't think they even have a computer in the place.

Any reports are available to anybody, organization, or business that has the correct memberships and affiliations to associated credit organizations, insurance databases (although, non-medical for now), etc.. all it takes is money and your information is for sale.
                          sigpic

Comment

ya know - I've been thinking about this off and on... I think there are actually some benefits to us the consumer... The idea is that companies want to present you with items/services you're actually interested in and might consider buying... so in that way, it's kinda the opposite of SPAM... Obviously the 'your-life-in-a-database' thing as presented in the swf is a little over-the-top and scarey, but...

I guess I wouldn't mind things being customized to me a little bit. For example, I hate tv commercials, but would I hate them a little less if I wasn't pitched things I don't need and/or hate? If I never saw another commercial featuring , , or ??? I think yes.

Comment

I would think that the future of pizza delivery consists of the Deliverator driving by in his black chariot of pepperoni fire. But that's just me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X