The 2006 Olympics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2006 Olympics

Well, this is your area to have fun talking about what went so wrong at the Olympics. And to complain how your favorite team/athlete got cheated ;). Have fun!

Well, so far, a few major crashes in sking, Kwan drops out or skating, and Body Miller gets DQed from sking.

Re: The 2006 Olympics

Bear Wrestling still not a sanctioned event :(

Comment

curling, Who comes up with these sports. And yet we dont have football in the Olympics.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I know, dont get me started. Its all a conspiricy!

Comment

there is pairs skating, something done with a bones and the downhill sledding, who knows what that is. Then we have some snow boarding hippy sport. A bi-atholon which is skiing and shooting.

and yet no football!
          -Vulcan

Comment

LOL I actualy watched 20 minutes of curling just to try and figure it out....

Now I sit wondering why I have a headache...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

i was watching the other morning at work, couldnt figure it out either. Apperently the red circle is more points and if you brush the ice it goes faster or something
              -Vulcan

Comment

Better rename this thread, before the Committee sues you for breach of trademark. :icon_roll (My pet peeve about the Olimpicks.)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I don't mind watching curling.. every 4 years or so. Hope I get to catch some of it this year. I like seeing all the weird sports that you don't normally get to see and all the top athletes competing in them.
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

maybe this is just me, but watching those wierd, far out in left field "sports", ever think you could do it better?
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Heh, not to be cynical, but does the average person even care about the Olympics anymore? I remember when I was a kid, I thought they were cool and something special. Now I couldn't care less about them. Lots of people I've talked to have said the exact same thing. Seems like the glory days of the Olympics is pretty much over.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                        curling, Who comes up with these sports. And yet we dont have football in the Olympics.
                        Wait till they dig out that one where they ski a little bit, they shoot a little bit followed by more skiing.

Not enough hockey, too much Figure Skating in the olympics.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Hey hey, dont knock it till you've tried it or even tried to understand it :). I've curled for over 10 years and it's a great game.

Football is an American sport with some extension into Canada (and maybe Mexico, I dunno though). It has no international appeal, kinda hard to run a round-robin tournament vs. yourself. Also, could football players survive 5+ games in a few weeks?

Anything judged on "artistic merit" should be eliminated from the Olympics. It shouldnt be about who can do the best tricks in a damn halfpipe or dancing on skates. The judges have proven themselves repeatedly to be corrupt and show no signs of changing. I can compromise on using multiple judges to award points based on their form or difficulty of tricks, but judging how well you think they captured the spirit of their musical accompanyment is a little much.

Comment

Then we have some snow boarding hippy sport.
                            Watch yourself, at least us hippies can spell snowboarding correctly! :)

Comment

The Olympics were awesome when they were in Sydney, and that was pretty much the only time I cared ;) Winter Olympics aren't really my cup-o'-tea, but as an occasional snowboarder I'd like to say that being a hippy rocks. And somehow I don't think Gridiron would work that well on the alpine slopes. Looking forward to seeing BMX as an Olympic Event in Beijing, though.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                              |TG-2nd|munchkin
                              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse