X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you mess with Brits

http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos..._beatdown.html
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Re: What happens when you mess with Brits

That commentator got a little..."excited."
    |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
      That commentator got a little..."excited."

those trropps were brits, and BTW are now on trial, its been on the news... but why was that comentator american? that, i dont get, why would therre be an american videoing this, i would have expected it to be another brit, hmmmmmm

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

why are they on trial?

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
          why are they on trial?

oh i dont know, how about, a breech of the geneva convention, you are not allowed to kick ten bell;s of **** out of detained unarmed prisoners, not even if they deserve it... :madsmile:

i know id be hard pressed not to kick the living **** out of someone who was just throwing rocks at me, but i dont do that job and thank god, because my boot would be the first in... unfortunatly break the law, and you will be dealt with... (well as long as there is someone videoing it and plausable deniability is gone.)

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
            why are they on trial?
            Not to be that guy, but... did you watch the video? They beat the crap out of prisoners. Last I heard, beating the snot out of a prisoner is pretty much illegal.
            [squadl]
            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
              but why was that comentator american? that, i dont get, why would therre be an american videoing this, i would have expected it to be another brit, hmmmmmm

uuu, he WAS a Brit - what makes you think otherwise?
              Josh -
              Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                Not to be that guy, but... did you watch the video? They beat the crap out of prisoners. Last I heard, beating the snot out of a prisoner is pretty much illegal.
                So is chopping the heads off prisoners like they do ..... I think I would rather take the "SNOT BEATING"

You all can criticize all you want about what they are doing .. but, let me tell you how much stress it is to be under when you are in hostile inviornments like they are in now .... not knowing when the next Suicide Bomber is going to run up to you and blow himself up or when the next roadside bomb is going to go off ....

Spend a few days in these situations and see how you react when a pack of people throw rocks at you ...

It is only when you are actually in these situations that you can understand the stress ....

So sure, they are going to put these guys on trial just so the MEDIA can report it to the world and then everyone will feel better but nothing happends when someone gets their head chopped off .....
                |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                  So is chopping the heads off prisoners like they do ..... I think I would rather take the "SNOT BEATING"

You all can criticize all you want about what they are doing .. but, let me tell you how much stress it is to be under when you are in hostile inviornments like they are in now .... not knowing when the next Suicide Bomber is going to run up to you and blow himself up or when the next roadside bomb is going to go off ....

Spend a few days in these situations and see how you react when a pack of people throw rocks at you ...

It is only when you are actually in these situations that you can understand the stress ....

So sure, they are going to put these guys on trial just so the MEDIA can report it to the world and then everyone will feel better but nothing happends when someone gets their head chopped off .....

whoa whoa,,,, its still against the law, i agree i will never know what it is like to do that job, and i have admitted i cannot say i wouldnt beat the living daylights out of those guys, but the fact is, our soldiers cannot do as they wich, they have to show incredible restraint... thats the way it has to be, if we are to be (in the eyes of those whose freedom we are securing) seen as better than the republican guard.

acts of violence like this are not an uncommon occurance for iraqis under the old regime, but we are supposed to be illustrating how a system of judicial systems and law and order can work without violence and torture.

the fact also remains that i cannot understand why these people are videoing these events, i really cant... noone would even know about this (seemingly) minor infraction of roughing up a bunch of hooligans if it were not for the camera man, you are right given the difference between beheading and roughing someone up i know which one i choose.

as for the american camera man, i say that because i do not recognise his accent as British in any form, he is not cockney, northern, middle english or any other i can determine, but he sounds like a yank, that puzzles me, and maybe i am wrong, but he sounds like a yank.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
                    You all can criticize all you want about what they are doing .. but, let me tell you how much stress it is to be under when you are in hostile inviornments like they are in now .... not knowing when the next Suicide Bomber is going to run up to you and blow himself up or when the next roadside bomb is going to go off ...
                    As much of a jerk as this will make me sound- I don't really care if they're stressed. You've got rules to follow, and if you break them you're punished. If you can't handle the stress of possibly being dead at any moment in time, why in the hell would you sign up to be a soldier in the first place?
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

As much of a jerk as this will make me sound- I don't really care if they're stressed. You've got rules to follow, and if you break them you're punished. If you can't handle the stress of possibly being dead at any moment in time, why in the hell would you sign up to be a soldier in the first place?

not sure i agree with this, these soldiers are people, i bet on any given day you break some laws, difference being your life style, means the laws you break ( speeding, littering etc) are minor, these soldiers had the ability and method to kill these guys and didnt,

not condoning the actions, but just as i did not think the Abu Ghraib scandal was as black and white as the press made it

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

And more than that - what about the greater pressure they put the rest of the armed ofrces under when Iraqi TV gets hold of the pictures and broadcasts them to the pubic? Sure a lot of people (older ones especially I would guess) might think it is good that the youth is being taught a lesson. However I bet there are a lot of other angry young men that would take a very different view.

What better propognda for violent cleric to use to sow insurreection amongst the people than videos like this? They may have deserved it, and I personally may have done exactly the same thing - but they are heaping more pressure and more danger upon the other troops who are there. :(

Comment

This is why soldiers shouldn't be acting as police. They are two different and entirely unrelated jobs that should not be confused.

And the narrator sounds like a Brit to me...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

When I worked gate guard we weren't allowed to get physical unless someone actually came at us. That's why we had Iraqi troops. One day a kid (13-15) got in an argument with one of the Iraqis and pulled a knife on him. So the Iraqi troops arrested him and took him down the road to the Iraqi base, where the Iraqi major in charge slapped the kid around before sending him home.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                              This is why soldiers shouldn't be acting as police. They are two different and entirely unrelated jobs that should not be confused.
                              Agreed. Maintaining order in Iraq apparently needs both the intelligence gathering and heavy munitions of the military and the local investigation powers and relative tact of law enforcement. Without that balance you often end up hurting people who don't deserve it and losing the trust of the people - which is integral to the military end of rooting out the insurgency.

(That is, of course, a civilian analysis.)

Barracuda - did you end up doing a lot of law enforcement type stuff?
                              In game handle: Steel Scion
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...