Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Has a Hissy Fit

http://www.theage.com.au/news/breaki...064210144.html

They banned GTA III. They banned Manhunt. They banned San Andreas after the Hot Coffee mod. But a graffiti game? Seems a little whacked out to me.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Australia Has a Hissy Fit

From the article:

Ironically, the game - which is set in a city of the future - features a world where freedom of expression is suppressed by a tyrannical city government.

Players battle the authorities to overthrow corrupt officials using only street fighting skills and graffiti.

"It's unfortunate that during this day and age a government will implement censorship policies which are tantamount to book burning practices from the past," the game's distributor, Attari, said in a statement.
    Perhaps they should have named the game Farenheit 451 in a Can.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I always wonder if one day GTA (and other games) are going to become so regulated and despised that they'll be pushed underground and taken up by dealers like illicit drugs are. I can just imagine some little kid meeting a dealer in a back alley asking "Hey man, I'm here to score GTA6, you got the goods?" as he scans the area looking for cops.

I mean, what are they going to do with this? It's removed from stores right? If they actually regulate it's shipping overseas, I can just imagine the price gouging as people here in America and other countries ship unmarked brown boxes to these kids with massive markup.

The contempt I have for the people in charge of the world and the parents/other idiots who cowed them into submission is mind-boggling. I can only hope that as that generation dies out, more people who actually play video games and argue with logic not misplaced emotion make their way into power and things will get better. Either that, or they find something else to hate/blame their screwed up kids on that I don't spend money on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
        I can only hope that as that generation dies out, more people who actually play video games and argue with logic not misplaced emotion make their way into power and things will get better.
        You remember all those 12 year old smacktards you came to TG to get away from?
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X