Bush and Blair Lied!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush and Blair Lied!

But apparently they had company. Here are a few others who either lied or told us the truth based on the best information they had availble. You decide.

http://www.jrwhipple.com/war/wmd.html

Note that many of these quotes were from before Bush's election.

To me, the interesting questions are what intelligence lead us down this path, who gave it to us, and what was their agenda? Either the WMDs did exist and are still out there somewhere, or someone bamboozled the world's intelligence communities. Both scenarios are pretty spooky.

Or, everyone lied to us. To me, the evidence doesn't support that conclusion.

leejo

When we are attacking, the enemy has to parry, while, when we are defending or preparing to attack, he can attack us. - General George S. Patton. War As I Knew It. 1947.

The next time one of these "Demon-crats", masquerading as a politician,
    I stopped there.
    [volun]

Comment

Oh I didn't even see that. I just read the quotes.

That is unfortunate. Well I do encourage you to read the quotes. There's a link for each to the source, for anyone who doesn't trust the web page (and I never do).

I don't pay attention to ad-hominem attacks from anyone.

Comment

If they were told that they had nukes and they, based on that info, went to war with Saddam, then they didnt lie. They were mis-informed and made an error based off of that.

Comment

i have said for a long time that the biggest boasting about nuclea and chemical weapons was saddam himself..

sadam only knew a power as a result of fear from the onset of his regime he killed people who apposed him making everyone else scared.

therefore a possible explanaition for why he liked to warn peole about his power both nuclea and biological was to warn them off.

i think this is a credible answer and one that clearly gives us grounds for war.. our inteligence reports read... total mad man lots of bombs.... blow up west..

erm i would have been trroubled not pushing the nuke button

also lets please remember that weapons factories have been found but no bombs it is highly possible that they are in some cave or some underground bunker... or even buried.

there is alot of desert in iraq that has never even seen an american or brit..... and if we knew where everything is why is suicide bombers still in the picture... lets not assume that the wmd's never existed its still a possioblility

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
            also lets please remember that weapons factories have been found but no bombs it is highly possible that they are in some cave or some underground bunker... or even buried.

there is alot of desert in iraq that has never even seen an american or brit..... and if we knew where everything is why is suicide bombers still in the picture... lets not assume that the wmd's never existed its still a possioblility
            maybe in Syria? http://www.nationalreview.com/geraghty/geraghty200401120834.asp
            New to TG?

Comment

Dude are you seriously saying that we had a perfect right to invade Iraq because Saddam bigged himself up on what weapons he had? You think all those lives lost are justified because saddam pretended he had weapons?

Thanks,

J.
              Jex.

Comment

Are you saying that all of the lives lost while Saddam was in power were not worth getting rid of this guy? What about THOSE people?

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                  Dude are you seriously saying that we had a perfect right to invade Iraq because Saddam bigged himself up on what weapons he had? You think all those lives lost are justified because saddam pretended he had weapons?

Thanks,

J.
                  Lets see...The hundereds of thousands who died because of Saddam don't matter.

1. Iran-Iraq war
                  2. Ethnic cleansing of Kurds (THATS RIGHT!!! It's not just a Balkians thing!)
                  3. Those persecuted and executed by himself as head of Iraqi security from the early 70's.
                  4. Those persecuted and executed by himself as Predisent of Iraq.
                  5. Those persecuted and executed by state police during his regime.
                  6. The rape of Kuwait
                  7. 50,000+ Kuwaitis dead

Europe has dick to say about what we do to remove facist dictators, especially considering you all sat on your thumbs during the Bosnia conflicts. I thumb my nose to those who criticize the providers of a peace 90% of the world enjoys.

Comment

Are you saying that all of the lives lost while Saddam was in power were not worth getting rid of this guy? What about THOSE people?
                    Well, we funded and supplied most of the weapons he used on those people....

We put saddam in power...we gave... well.. this explains it better...

Click me for a quick history brief

Now I'm not so naive to think saddam was an OK guy.. He wasn't.. he was a tyrant (his personal history is INSANE). But does that justify an invasion? Theres a lot of tyrants out there. Does that justify losing over 500 american soldiers lives? Do those 500 homes with an extra slot at the dinner table think it was worth it? Or the thousands of innocent iraqi civilians our bombs killed?

All I'm saying is we have got to be more pro-active in the way we deal with international problems. We put this guy in power, and got lots of oil and clout for it.

And while everyone is rationalizing resident dimwit's invasion into iraq, where is osama? How are our troops in ghanni doing?

Looking back is pointless now, how do we go forward?
                    :?:

Comment

No, that's not what I'm saying, and neither is the Human Rights Watch http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/061E2DDF-D836-4E95-97D3-5CCD7FADD205.htm

Not sure how credible Aljazeera is as a news network but can't be any worse than ours. Most of the lives lost whilst he was in power were lost when he was our ally. It's the hypocracy that gets me in all of this. It's also frustrating to be part of the machine that allows this to go on. We can't do anything about this. We don't have a voice yet we go along with it because there is little else we can do. I'm not saying saddam wasn't an *******, but that is not the reason we went to war with him and certainly not a justification for the lives lost so far.

Thinking about it I don't think 1,000,000 lives is worth Saddam Hussein. It's an easy question to answer though when I haven't lost anyone over all of this.

Thanks,

J.
                      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre

1. Iran-Iraq war
                        3. Those persecuted and executed by himself as head of Iraqi security from the early 70's.
                        6. The rape of Kuwait
                        7. 50,000+ Kuwaitis dead

hehehe.... guess who we supported in the above mentioned 7-step program.

Guess who installed and trained this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                          Not sure how credible Aljazeera is as a news network but can't be any worse than ours.
                          :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
                          New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
                            Originally posted by jex

Thanks,

J.
                            Lets see...The hundereds of thousands who died because of Saddam don't matter.

1. Iran-Iraq war
                            6. The rape of Kuwait
                            7. 50,000+ Kuwaitis dead

Europe has dick to say about what we do to remove facist dictators, especially considering you all sat on your thumbs during the Bosnia conflicts. I thumb my nose to those who criticize the providers of a peace 90% of the world enjoys.
                            I could've sworn the UK was involved in bosnia but my memory may be failing.

Have you not considered Usbekistan? (SP?) We are on friendly terms with them, and Saudi arabia and they have attrocious human rights records. I don't see how Saddam is bad but these guys are ok. Perhaps somebody could explain this part to me because it confuses me.

Thanks,

J.
                            Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse