Bleh, UPS sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleh, UPS sucks

Ordered my stuff from Newegg last Friday. Of course, UPS being UPS, they deliver only when you're at work, so I missed my first package yesterday. I was able to go pick it up, but only after 7pm. Anyway, I knew I'd be getting another package today, and wanted to change the deilvery address.

First off, customer service, two thumbs down. They act like they're scared of actual people, and do their utmost to prevent actual human-human interaction. Anyway, I was told last night that I could change the delivery address, but not while it was marked as "in transit". This reeks of baloney, but I played along and they said to call back in the morning when it wasn't in transit. So I checked this morning, saw the package was sitting on a shelf, and called. I'm then told that I can't change the delivery address. So I tell them that I won't be home to receive the delivery, and ask if they can just hold it at my local UPS locale for pickup. "There must be one failed delivery attempt before we can change anything." Hello? I just told you that the delivery attempt will fail, and am trying to save you work. Anyway, there was a lot of mumbling on the other end, the result being that she'd work some magic on the computer, and that someone would call someone, one of those someones being me (but I'm not sure which), and then I'd have to call back to the UPS main 800 number and have them call someone to call me about a pickup time. How absurd is this?

Funniest part: Newegg's website gives more info about my package than UPS's.

Newegg:
    02/22/2006 02:37:00 LOCATION SCAN[I] IL ADDISON
    02/22/2006 00:41:00 UNLOAD SCAN[I] IL ADDISON
    02/21/2006 23:20:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] IL ADDISON
    02/21/2006 20:06:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] IA DAVENPORT
    02/21/2006 17:50:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] IA DAVENPORT
    02/21/2006 14:55:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] IA DES MOINES
    02/21/2006 01:20:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] IA DES MOINES
    02/18/2006 05:05:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] CA ONTARIO
    02/17/2006 23:46:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] CA ONTARIO
    02/17/2006 23:06:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] CA BALDWIN PARK
    02/17/2006 23:04:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] CA BALDWIN PARK
    02/17/2006 15:59:00 ORIGIN SCAN[I] CA BALDWIN PARK

UPS:
    ADDISON, IL, US 02/21/2006 11:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    DAVENPORT, IA, US 02/21/2006 8:06 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/21/2006 5:50 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    DES MOINES, IA, US 02/21/2006 2:55 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/21/2006 1:20 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    ONTARIO, CA, US 02/18/2006 5:05 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    ONTARIO, CA, US 02/17/2006 11:46 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    BALDWIN PARK, CA, US 02/17/2006 11:06 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/17/2006 11:04 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    02/17/2006 3:59 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

I'm just wondering how my package is going to get me to me at all today, let alone just to my local office. It's apparently been sitting in Chicago since 11pm last night, and I'm 3 hours-ish south of that. A co-worker's package was loaded at 4am from Chicago, and arrived only about an hour ago.

Man, I wish Newegg had stayed with FedEx. :(
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Bleh, UPS sucks

I happened to order XP Home OEM from NewEgg last Friday as well. I noticed like you did over the weekend that NewEgg's tracking page actually had more updated information then the UPS tracking page. Hilarious!

I live in a small town just outside the KC Metro so I'm hoping the delivery happens later afternoon when my wife will actually be back home from shopping. I want to start installing as soon as I get home from work so it would really suck to miss the delivery and then have to wait until evening to drive the who knows how many miles in town to pick it up.

Comment

I personally hated when fedex upped their rates, as it meant that I had to go from cheap 2-day fedex express shipping to UPS crap 3-day that takes 4 to 5 days shipping :\
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Smoke,

That's why I have my package delivered to my office. The guy that receives UPS/Fed-Ex packages is just outside my office and I just let him know when I have somethign coming in. THis way I don't have to worry about the signature required crap.
        Telorn

Comment

Yeah, I'm wishing I would have had it shipped to the office. Of course, at the time my wife had no plans to be away from the house, or so she says. :)

Still waiting to hear if we missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
            Smoke,

That's why I have my package delivered to my office. The guy that receives UPS/Fed-Ex packages is just outside my office and I just let him know when I have somethign coming in. THis way I don't have to worry about the signature required crap.
            I like having stuff shipped to my office, but I recall difficulties before with changing the delivery address from the home/billing one.

Last time I got a package from FedEx, the guy called me and said no one was home, what should he do with it. I asked if he could bring it over to my office. He asked for the address, and was there like 3min later. That's service. UPS? Nope, sorry, we're robots and cannot deviate, heh.
            [squadl]

Comment

It's the difference from hiring GED drivers to high school graduates ;)
              Telorn

Comment

Update:

Just called UPS, my package isn't even going to be put on a truck until tomorrow, so that whole 3-day shipping I paid for doesn't count for much (it shipped Friday). The lady I spoke to said that I should contact Newegg and have them put a tracer on the package. Heh, I do believe that this is on the shoulders of UPS now, not Newegg.

Lesson learned; I'll pay the extra for FedEx from now on.
                [squadl]

Comment

You know, I recently had a Newegg/UPS mishap myself. A package was supposedly delivered (according to tracking) but it wasn't here. Checked with my 2 neighbors (it's just us out here) and they didn't get it. No tracks in the snow either. So the next day had NewEgg (as the shipper) file a missing/lost claim on it with UPS. The investigation would take a couple of weeks, I was told, and then I would get my credit.

The package mysteriously showed up the next day! No changes to the tracking information - said it was delivered on time all along.

I just wonder if there are weird things going on with the whole Fedex rate hike and them going to UPS as their new default.

Comment

That UPS junk is why I shop w/ www.zipzoomfly.com these days. The FedEx and UPS depots are right next to each other here, both treat my packages similarly, but FedEx tends to take my packages back to the depot while UPS leaves them at the apartment office. I get home after the apartment office closes but before the depot closes, so I do better w/ FedEx.
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

My package was delivered this afternoon but the really weird thing is it was delivered in a FedEx box. Didn't see who dropped it off but it's a standard FedEx box even though the label said UPS 3 day. Wonder if maybe NewEgg is using up their stock of FedEx boxes or if UPS would even agree to that.

Comment

Yeah, that happens quite often, actually.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I'm going to compare ups to tiger direct...looks cool and sounds neat, but thats before you have to talk to the foreign CS guy/girl/foreigner.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Well coming from a Fedex guy here is PHX AZ I love all this UPS trashing :). Fedex generally has a better on time service record than UPS because our ground and air freight services are separated and that is also why your package is usually arrives in better condition than UPS. Fedex also has a pretty high standard when it comes to handling packages but drivers don't always abide by that :)

But the one downside to Fedex is they don't pay worth crap :( and they micromanage, micromanagement it's ridicules the crap they put us through, but that is a different story. UPS drivers do make a lot more money than we do. But keep bashing them I'm enjoying that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Newegg is blowing their street cred. Turns out it was Newegg+FedEx that rocked.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X