Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bleh, UPS sucks

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
    Last time I got a package from FedEx, the guy called me and said no one was home, what should he do with it. I asked if he could bring it over to my office. He asked for the address, and was there like 3min later. That's service. UPS? Nope, sorry, we're robots and cannot deviate, heh.
    Wow, that's impressive...but I have to say that was the FedEx driver's personal decision, not company policy. If you change the recipient's address once the package has been shipped, there's supposed to be a surcharge for the "added service". In fact, the courier probably called on his personal cell because (at least here in Indy) they're not issued phones; they have two-way radios and they call the station for directions and such.

However, like anything else in life...a lot of couriers get gift certificates from Starbucks (etc.) from regular customers, so they'll scratch their backs when it comes down to it...of course it's all "hush hush"...

Comment

I've got no specific incidents to detail, but I've always had better luck with UPS than with FedExGround.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Heh, the drama continues. So the package finally got loaded today (over 24 hours later) in Chicago and made it to my apartment around 10am. Exactly when I told them I wasn't going to be home, and why I told them to hold it at the local office. So I call them up yet again and ask them to hold it (again), because I would not ever be home to receive the package. The lady says, and I quote, "You do realize that they try 3 delivery attempts on 3 successive business days, right?" Really? Amazing. I'm sure that will make a world of difference, what with me never being home at all like I just said. I'll have my plant outside the front door sign for it.

Anyway, I finally managed to shut her up and get her to hold the package, which I now have the honor of picking up between the exact times of 7pm-7:30pm tonight. Glad to see my 3-day delivery money was spent for 4-day self pick-up. Man, I hate people.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Add your work address to your credit card and have stuff shipped there..
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

WTH, just charge it to your work card. :D

Comment

I had a bad experience with UPS when it came to delivering something from newegg, it was free shipping but I should of gone with the 2 buck shipping for fedex because it would of gotten to my house 2 days earlier. Also for some odd reason with both UPS and fedex they say my sig is on file so they can just drop off the stuff on my front doorway. It is nice for when I am at school and they make the delivery during school hours, and where my doorway is located in relation to the road it is hard to tell if packages are on the doorstep. Hell one time if I hadn't looked at the newegg/fedex/UPS tracker I wouldn't of known that my package had been delivered and it would of been waiting for a day or two, sometimes they also stick the packages behind some of the plants on the doorway to hide them if they are small enough and I don't notice them.
              -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X