Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another UPS Woe

This one's for you, Smokey.

So, I sell and ship a 21" monitor to a fellow Tactician here in the wonderful world of TG. Once it is delivered, he replies back and asks if the bezel was broken before I shipped it as it appeared the box had been dropped.

Dang UPS dropped the monitor! Can't they do anything right? Guess we'll see how good their claims department is. Whcih reminds me...when I called to make a claim, they had no option for it! I had to keep hitting the 0 button until it finally just gave up and said it'll transfer me to an operator. Stupidest automated system I've come across for a company as large as UPS!
    Telorn

Re: Another UPS Woe

I suggest making a strong cocktail prior to making that claim...

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
      I had to keep hitting the 0 button until it finally just gave up and said it'll transfer me to an operator. Stupidest automated system I've come across for a company as large as UPS!
      Actually most of them work like that. If not zero, another combination of numbers will usually just boot you straight to a person.

Comment

UPS is 0,0 to get to a person.

http://gethuman.com/us/
        |TG| aschmack

Comment

Pretty pathetic that a database has to be created to tell people how to get to an operator. The automated system should do that.
          Telorn

Comment

It's a standard rule that pressing 0 kicks you out to a person eventually. Good luck with the claim, I doubt they'll do much for you. :(

Stupidest automated system I've come across for a company as large as UPS!
            "BIG BOY!"
            [squadl]
            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I wonder if I get the damaged item back or if UPS keeps it?
              Telorn

Comment

So, I sell and ship a 21" monitor to a fellow Tactician here in the wonderful world of TG. Once it is delivered, he replies back and asks if the bezel was broken before I shipped it as it appeared the box had been dropped.

Dang UPS dropped the monitor! Can't they do anything right? Guess we'll see how good their claims department is. Whcih reminds me...when I called to make a claim, they had no option for it! I had to keep hitting the 0 button until it finally just gave up and said it'll transfer me to an operator. Stupidest automated system I've come across for a company as large as UPS!
                I recommend Fedex, UPS doesn't care how they ship their packages and plus I see the same driver with Fedex a big plus.
                XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Can FedEx even ship 76 lb items?
                  Telorn

Comment

yes..they can...you can use FED EX Ground...belive the weight limit is 75 lbs
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Weight limit for "regular" box freight for FedEx (express) is 150 lbs.

Above 150 lbs. it's considered "heavyweight" but can still be serviced.

There's no "weight limit" for heavyweight, per se, it just can't exceed 300 lbs/sq foot, plus the maximum weight limit for a 96" x 125" container on a FedEx widebody is 15,000 lbs. Even then it has to be only certain airframes (no Airbus nor MD-10-10s) and be placed directly over the wings of the aircraft.

Hope that helps with shipping monitors in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
                        Weight limit for "regular" box freight for FedEx (express) is 150 lbs.

Above 150 lbs. it's considered "heavyweight" but can still be serviced.

There's no "weight limit" for heavyweight, per se, it just can't exceed 300 lbs/sq foot, plus the maximum weight limit for a 96" x 125" container on a FedEx widebody is 15,000 lbs. Even then it has to be only certain airframes (no Airbus nor MD-10-10s) and be placed directly over the wings of the aircraft.

Hope that helps with shipping monitors in the future...
                        Coridon is right and he's scaring me because I work for Fedex Express and he knows more than I do. Ha Ha The weight limit is 150lbs reguardless if it is ground or Express. I suggest you ship it ground because it won't be cheap to send it Express. Those guys do do a decent job , they are all independent contractors with Fedex.
                        Last edited by Drizzid; 03-04-2006, 11:46 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                          Actually most of them work like that. If not zero, another combination of numbers will usually just boot you straight to a person.
                          Actually, the one true universal response is no response at all. The company understands that some phones are not 'touch tone' capable, and almost always sends these people directly to a person. Don't press 0, don't press anything. Just wait.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X