Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Car of All Time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commuter_Cars_Tango

At first I thought all the pictures were messed up and shrunk horizontally, but this is indeed what it looks like.

It may look like a pregnant rollerskate, but I'd still take one. It's all electric, seats two and goes 0-60 in 4 sec. Its freakin narrower than a honda goldwing and is short enough to park perpindicular to the curb. Oh, and just for kicks they threw in leather interior, a 400 watt sound system and a 5 point harness. Gonna have to add this to my things to buy once I win the lottery (its only $85,000)
    sigpic

Re: Coolest Car of All Time

doesnt look like it would be too great in the ole curves though does it?

Comment

I guess side-impact air bags are just out of the question.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It'd be a hoot to be blindsided by a cell phone blabbering soccer mom in an Escalade while driving that thing.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
          doesnt look like it would be too great in the ole curves though does it?
          I actually read it handles very well do to the fact it has most of its weight (batteries) in the very bottom of the vehicle.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bodofooko
            I actually read it handles very well do to the fact it has most of its weight (batteries) in the very bottom of the vehicle.
            It's a WEEBLE!
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I'm surprised about those specifications it lists... it weighs over 3000lbs and does 0-60 in 4 seconds, top speed 150mph, 1/4 in 12 secs flat at 120mph. That is damned fast for 3000lbs(not unheard of, but definately fast), definately better performance than any other elictric car I've seen. Better than any publicly available hybrid... hmmm... and the third model is supposed to be available in 2009 for $19K?

I'm really impressed with this thing. http://www.commutercars.com/

Comment

Pretty ugly... impressive specs though
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

There's no way you could take that thing around a turn at high speed. It's got the profile of a motorcyle except you can' t lean it.

Does it come with optional training wheels?

Comment

here's how: Of the 3000lb weight, what percentage do you think is below the axel line? basically it's just sheet-metal, a seat, driver, roll-cage, and accessories above the floorboards... it really IS a weeble!!

http://www.commutercars.com/theater.html

holy crap.. so THAT's how it accellerates so quickly:

Motors: 2 Advanced DC FB1-4001 9" motors, one driving each rear wheel with over 1,000 ft-lb of combined torque at low rpms. 8,000 rpm redline.

As a reference point, a Dodge Viper has a V10 that has about 500ft-lb of peak torque. What's cool about electric motors is that the torque isn't dependant on RPM... at 0 RPM they have full torque available.

Comment

Only 85,000 lol
                      |TG| aschmack

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                        As a reference point, a Dodge Viper has a V10 that has about 500ft-lb of peak torque. What's cool about electric motors is that the torque isn't dependant on RPM... at 0 RPM they have full torque available.
                        Ah, you must be a fellow engineer. :)

They do have max torque at low RPM if they don't cook the driver first!

Remember: You buy horsepower, but you drive torque.

Comment

0-60 in 4 seconds?

Good thing they make 125' extension cords. ;) Cause I'm sure it'll drain the batteries in that time. Which is a good thing they put a second seat in. Now you have a place to store all your extension cords for those exhausting trips to the corner store. :)

"The plug thing. Its not plugged!!"

[volun][drill]
                          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                            0-60 in 4 seconds?

Good thing they make 125' extension cords. ;) Cause I'm sure it'll drain the batteries in that time. Which is a good thing they put a second seat in. Now you have a place to store all your extension cords for those exhausting trips to the corner store. :)

"The plug thing. Its not plugged!!"
                            Heh heh... The second seat is there because two pairs of feet are better than 1 when you fall back on Flintstone power.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X