Clear All

• Pro's -vs- Joes

This show looks GREAT!!

http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/prosvsjoes/index.jhtml

(tonight at 10pm)

Re: Pro's -vs- Joes

I saw the commercials, looks funny.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Stupid...oh, SO stupid.
      Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
        Stupid...oh, SO stupid.
        Yep...

Just another example of the dumbing down of America.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

And this is why I only watch one tv show a week. Because the rest of the programming is retarded.

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

did anyone see it? I didn't get a chance to...

I guess playing some sort of sport my whole life, I just thought the idea was neat... just how good are these guys? (kinda like watching professional hockey in person versus on TV... until you see it up close, you really dont understand how fast these guys are skating)

Comment

LOL @ dumbing down of america!

It's called entertainment. You aren't against ALL forms of entertainment, are you?

And I totally agree with Whiskey. It is a cool little fantasy for many people.

The exact show I would like to see would be more of a setup on some unsuspecting recreational athletes. Like for example, someone challenges the local champs to a friendly mixed doubles tennis match, and the woman on the challenging team is a pro in disguise. She starts out slowly, taking it easy, serving softly, maybe even drawing it out and getting behind in points, then slowly cranks up the heat until it becomes obvious. :)

Another good example would be to take the worst team in a competitive men's hockey league and give them a goalie from the NHL.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                It's called entertainment. You aren't against ALL forms of entertainment, are you?
                Nope, just the dumb stuff...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  Nope, just the dumb stuff...
                  Which is obviously easily defined for all people.

I missed the show this week, but I am looking at the guide and I see it being re-run twice overnight tonight. I'll set it to record so that I can see what it's like. Offhand, I assume that I'll like it more than I would "Americas Most Disturbing Surgical Mishaps".

Comment

I think they mean 'washed-up' vs 'tossed-up' ROFL. Looks like American Gladiators. Draw what conclusions you will...

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

I actually think it looks pretty interesting. Although, it's probably because I'm always a sucker for an underdog premise. Sad, but true.

Unfortunately, I don't really watch TV anymore. Actually, I kinda like it that way. :P

Comment

I saw some of it and it wasn't good. I'll give it one more week. ;)

Comment

i haven't seen it yet, but... yeah from the looks of those recap clips on the site, it looks to have a little too much soap-opera, and not enough plumbers-getting-smushed-by-steroid-freak-NFL-players :D

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                            LOL @ dumbing down of america!

And I totally agree with Whiskey. It is a cool little fantasy for many people.

The exact show I would like to see would be more of a setup on some unsuspecting recreational athletes. Like for example, someone challenges the local champs to a friendly mixed doubles tennis match, and the woman on the challenging team is a pro in disguise. She starts out slowly, taking it easy, serving softly, maybe even drawing it out and getting behind in points, then slowly cranks up the heat until it becomes obvious. :)

Another good example would be to take the worst team in a competitive men's hockey league and give them a goalie from the NHL.
                            Or hide whole bunch of TG players without tag on Public server....

Ed

[cross][conduct]
                            Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                              i haven't seen it yet, but... yeah from the looks of those recap clips on the site, it looks to have a little too much soap-opera, and not enough plumbers-getting-smushed-by-steroid-freak-NFL-players :D
                              HAHA! You think as I do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...