Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy lady at Walgreens...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Janet Karp, who is battling depression and anxiety until recently used Walgreens to fulfil her prescriptions. At least she did until this...

So when the 53-year-old Palm Beach resident read the Walgreens printout attached to her prescription last week for the sleep aid Ambien, she couldn't believe her eyes. Typed in a field reserved for patient information and dated March 17, 2005, was "CrAzY!!" In another field, dated Sept. 30, 2004, it read: "She's really a psycho!!! Do not say her name too loud, never mention her meds by names & try to talk to her when ... " The information continued onto another page but was not attached.
    Needless to say she is suing them. What are the chances she will win a defamation lawsuit based on internal information?

Lucky Shot

Re: Crazy lady at Walgreens...

That is just wrong. I hope she takes them to the cleaners.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Sadly, that is the way a lot of medical professionals discuss their patients behind closed doors.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

*shrug* She probably is.....
        Dirt013

Comment

I've always been a firm believer in the fact that people want to be lied to whenever possible. When you're honest with people, they get angry.

Comment

In my view, people use the term "crazy" when they have reached the limit of their capacity to understand people and handle situations well, which are in themselves an art form that can be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
              Sadly, that is the way a lot of medical professionals discuss their patients behind closed doors.
              I bet that's how a lot of people in any sort of customer service role discuss their customers behind closed doors ;)
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                I bet that's how a lot of people in any sort of customer service role discuss their customers behind closed doors ;)
                This man speaks the truth, I'd probably do the same. Although they should have known better than to actually "write" those things down in a non-verbal fashion.
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Because you can verbally write stuff

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                    Because you can verbally write stuff
                    I did write that weird didn't I haha. What I meant is that they should have known better than to type that stuff into the database where it could potentially be transferred. It sort of acts like a permanent record.

I bet their faces were red when the accidentally printed it on there.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
                      I did write that weird didn't I haha. What I meant is that they should have known better than to type that stuff into the database where it could potentially be transferred. It sort of acts like a permanent record.

I bet their faces were red when the accidentally printed it on there.
                      On the radio this afternoon, I heard a guy that works at Walgreens discussing their computer system. It's designed to allow pharmacists, and their techs, to record private information about the patients' medical history, drug interactions, and other medical precautions. It's also commonly used to privately take notes about the customer's behavior. Evidently, it's designed so that only the pharmacist and pharmacist techs can read the notes, but a computer error somehow allowed some nasty stuff to be seen by the wrong eyes this time.

I've got mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand, that lady has every right to be pissed. She's spent years of her life worrying that everyone thinks she's crazy, has spent thousands and thousands of dollars in treatment and prescriptions to help her realize that she's not "crazy", and now someone in the medical field lets her know that they all actually think she is crazy? That's not something that is just going to piss her off, that's going to really mess with her head, which was already in a vulnerable state. I don't usually think much of "mental anguish" claims in lawsuits, but in this case, I'm sure it's going to be substantial.

On the other hand, I don't fault the employees that were using technology to better serve their customers. Yeah, they could've been more careful with their choice of words, but they were using a system that they thought was going to be completely private. And if anyone except the crazy lady had seen the notes, nobody would've thought anything of it... Everyone in retail talks about their customers in a similar fashion to those notes... I just don't see that they did anything really wrong.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

When I was a vet assistant, problem clients had their files denoted with the "butthole" system; the more buttholes drawn on a client's record, the more of a jerk they were. We'd also write down if their animals were problems and prone to violence or other conditions. I'm sure that people would have been pissed to find this stuff out, but it was for our own safety and knowledged.

The wrong eyes saw it this time with Walgreen's, but I think what they're doing is fine. No one wants to be told their a bad customer, but the workers need to know.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Please please please tell me that those comments weren't written by certified pharmacy technicians. ><;; makes me really sad to know that some people don't take their work seriously, I busted my arse to become a certified technician, and I would never act in that manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
                            and I would never act in that manner.
                            They didn't "act" in any sort of manner. They just wrote down information about a customer, that they thought was in confidence, which she should have never seen. If the lady had never seen it, she would never have known these people think that of her.

You're telling me you've never said or written bad things about a person without their knowledge? I find that hard to believe.

When you have knowledge about a customer that other employee's should know: you'll probably tell them. These techs just decided to write it down in a way that sounded very insulting. I've had a number of down-right either crazy or childish customers. They never knew I thought that way about them. Does that make me unprofessional?

Honestly, if I found something like "This guy is a total wuss when it comes to needles" or "he's an arrogant prick" on a prescription or evaluation, I'd probably just think "Tell me something I don't know" rather than suing someone over it.

Having knowledge about what people truely think about you is, what I find to be, some of the most important information a person can have. To each his own I guess.

Comment

well, for one, they're idiots for putting that information in the wrong part of their perscription information. two, I'm pretty sure that violates hippa laws. three, no I would never write anything bad down about a customer, and if I did I would relay it in a professional manner.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X