Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milosevic Reported Dead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4796470.stm

Do we say "Rest in Peace", "Good Riddance" or both?
    Last edited by munchkin; 03-12-2006, 04:35 AM.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Milosevic Reported Dead

There is some contovesy around his death. Apparently a few days ago he told his lawyer that he thought someone was trying to poison him.

Milosevic's lawyer, Zdenko Tomanovic, said: "I informed the Russian embassy on behalf of Mr Milosevic about his claims that his health was being wilfully destroyed, and that this should be (investigated) by the Russians."

Tomanovic told reporters at The Hague that he had now filed an official request to the tribunal for the autopsy to be carried out in Moscow.
    A lot of people feel that he did not face justice. The trial is not even going to finish so it will be up to historians to decide what he is guilty of.

Comment

This guy was no better then that Iraqi "leader". He did the same antics and tatics in court and in his own country. Hell sure is HOT this time of year
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Slobodan Milošević death was a loss of justice for all the poeple who suffered because if his evil regime. I would like had to seen him survive the trials and lived a long yet uneventful life in prison. In that sense I feel sad because of his death.
        --
        VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Actually, I think trials for people like Hussein and Milošević are a complete waste of resources.

Husseins trial should have been a USMC tossing a fragmentation grenade into the spider hole. "Oops."

Milošević got what he deserved.

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Milosevic did not get what he deserved. What he deserved was to be dragged out of his house at 4AM, taken to a remote location, tortured, killed, and left in an unmarked grave. That would have been just.

Comment

Cost of the slobodan trial: £140 million legal process.
              (http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=216362004)

Cost of a single hand grenade: $30 dollars
              [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
              [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

To play devil's advocate for a second, don't we owe anyone who has died a degree of respect?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                  To play devil's advocate for a second, don't we owe anyone who has died a degree of respect?
                  "What is 'no'. I'll take Genocidal Maniacs for $1000 please, Alex."

Comment

For a person to get respect after death they must have shown it some where in their life. He murdered hundreds of people and did not think twice when he would do it, not only should he have been beaten severely and then taken out back and stuck with hot sticks, he should have had to apologize to every single family he broke up and hurt.

Nope no respect for a thing like that
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                      "What is 'no'. I'll take Genocidal Maniacs for $1000 please, Alex."
                      Too funny.

Anyway, the whole point of putting a guy like this or Saddam Hussein on trial is to make the loud statement that we are not going to act like animals even when we are dealing with someone who acts like an animal himself. That said, they need to ensure that trials like this are quick and to the point. There will be plenty of time to publicize the evil behind the man after he is gone.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Why would you think that? If he didn't deserve respect when he was alive, why would he deserve it after he's dead?
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

No, not a damn bit. Look at my family tree and see how many died in the concentration camps.

3 in Maijdanek Concentration Camp Lublin, Poland in 1942
                          1 in Terezin Concentration Camp 1945
                          1 in Ausschwitz 1945
                          1 in Berlin
                          And those are the others just in Europe that we know of.

Now tell me we should've given Hitler some f***ing respect after he died.

That bastard (Milosevic) did not deserve that f***ing death of natural causes, he didn't even have to rot in prison for that long.
                          [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                          [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                            Anyway, the whole point of putting a guy like this or Saddam Hussein on trial is to make the loud statement that we are not going to act like animals even when we are dealing with someone who acts like an animal himself. That said, they need to ensure that trials like this are quick and to the point. There will be plenty of time to publicize the evil behind the man after he is gone.
                            I have to disagree. Because with the way the world deals with people like this in courts is a joke. Look at the Hussein trial in Iraq. He has repeatedly denounced the Iraqi courts and he still claims to be the President. He doesn't answer the courts questions and he hasn't cooperated. Period. At the end of it under good circumstances he'd spend the rest of his life in jail. But what is most likely going to happen is he'll walk or get out of jail by some of his insurgent buddys.

The grenade would have been better. Not only would he be dead and absolutely no need for millions upon millions of dollars to be spent on his trial but people thinking of doing the same things will look at it differently knowing full well that they may suffer the same fate.

There was a reason beheadings were public. There are reasons why in the early days of this country hangings were public and the bodies left out for weeks. Because people view it and think twice about their actions or plans.

For people like Hussein and Milosevic you don't put them on trial. You kill them in plain view of the rest of the world.

[volun][drill]
                            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Lets not turn this into a bashing thread. Dont anyone gang up on munchkin over this, he was just was makeing a statement. Im not pointing fingers im just putting this out there so we all remember to respond in a TG manor.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...