Save the Hubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save the Hubble

Considering the amount of data the Hubble Telescope has gathered, and can still gather, it would be idotic just to let it fall...

Wired article

SaveTheHubble.org
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

It is my understanding that the hubble, without the expected repair/update mission, will be operational until about 2008. NASA's next deep space telescope, capable of putting hubble to shame, is due to launch by 2009.

The Hubble is not in the same orbit as the ISS, as such NASA has been forced to deal with the development of contingency plans for a mission unlike anything it has had to deal with before after the recent loss of the Columbia shuttle. New requirements and procedures for all missions have simply made the Hubble mission too costly in terms of dollars and the risk of human lives.

Yeah. I just happened to be watching the NASA channel when they had the press briefing on this very issue. :-)
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

*nudges Apophis* That's my smart guy!

:):):)

Comment

I say put some Rockets on that sucker and position it over Iraq, maybe we could find the WMDs then, or move it to orbit Mars....yeah GW in '04

;)
        New to TG?

Comment

Hmmm it seems that the telescope is becomming out dated.. i think it has served its purpose and should make way for the next generation of telescopes...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X