• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair, Isaac?

I love the South Park guys.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/S...731115,00.html

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/14090930.htm

Stone told the AP he and co-creator Trey Parker "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."
    Word.

Re: Fair, Isaac?

Heh, i thought it was funny how they make fun of every other religion, yet suddenly he's offended when they do scientology. (as stated above, I didn't notice the quote)

I wonder what they'll do without chef (or another voiceover, I still isn't chef though :-/ )
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Stone totally burned him.

A couple months back the Onion A.V. Club interview Hayes. I remember pointing this quote out to my roommate (who had noted chef's absense after the Trapped in the Closet episode):

AVC: They did just do an episode that made fun of your religion, Scientology. Did that bother you?

IH: Well, I talked to Matt and Trey about that. They didn't let me know until it was done. I said, "Guys, you have it all wrong. We're not like that. I know that's your thing, but get your information correct, because somebody might believe that ****, you know?" But I understand what they're doing. I told them to take a couple of Scientology courses, and understand what we do. [Laughs.]
      A few mothns back, my roommates and I frequently joked around about scientology and trapped in the closet, so the episode was very timely. We've since moved on to making fun of Ayn Rand.

Comment

I'd bet a nickle that Mr. Hays was pressured to quit.

Comment

What makes you think that?
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I understand that the Church of Scientology has used the courts pretty aggressively to stifle satire and speech critical of their organization. I believe that they would also encourage members to use their personal relationships to exert pressure on critics.

Comment

Oh, so you mean pressured by Scientology as opposed to pressured by people @ South Park?
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Has that cult grown large enough now that it officially gets to use the word "religion"?
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

You know they're illegal in Germany. And other Euro nations as well.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                      Has that cult grown large enough now that it officially gets to use the word "religion"?
                      Yes, it's finally being recognized alongside the other cults: christianity, islam, judaism, buddhism, shintoism, hindusim, etc...

:icon_roll
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

"Chef" is a hypocrit, that much is given.

Scientology has got to be one of the most insane stories I've ever heard of. South Park pretty much hit the nail on the head (same with the Mormon episode). It amazes me what people will believe in. Although, the idea of an alien named Xenu taking everyone to a magic place when they've ready isn't that much different from an invisible man in the sky who will take all his followers to heaven and leave the rest of us to burn for all eternity.

Comment

OH MY GOD....

they killed chef....

YOU BASTARDS

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I'm with leejo on this one, I bet he was pressured to quit.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

By the way, if you guys haven't seen the episode about Scientology, which was the late season 9 episode "Trapped in the Closet", I would recommend doing everything in your power to see it. It's a great episode, and very.. uh... "educational" on Scientology, though it follows pretty much the same equation as the Mormon episode.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X