Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Gaming

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.03/lafuga.html

You run around a special course, solving puzzles as you go, to escape a mock prison or something. Think it'd go over well in the US? Times Square?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Re: Reality Gaming

I think it'll go over moderately well, but probably not a super hit. I know there are reality games already in existance over here such as solving murder mysteries and that; they're just not very widespread.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Sounds like fun! If only I had 400 million to start up things like this myself. :p

The quiz questions sound really lame, but the other ideas are cool.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
        I think it'll go over moderately well, but probably not a super hit. I know there are reality games already in existance over here such as solving murder mysteries and that; they're just not very widespread.
        I know about murder mystery parties that are played at people's houses (actually went to one a few years ago at a friend's house.. people were dressed up in period costumes and really got in to their roles.. I was just there for the beer and snacks ;) ), but have not heard of special buildings setup around solving mysteries. Could be interesting.

I found that article on Slashdot and after reading through it I found that some sort of reality center already exists in Boston - http://5-wits.com/ - although some of the comments made it sound more like a corporate team building exercise than a game. People also mentioned some of the paintball and airsoft battles.. not just fighting in a field, but places that have actual buildings and objectives to complete in them and that sorta stuff.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
          I found that article on Slashdot and after reading through it I found that some sort of reality center already exists in Boston - http://5-wits.com/ - although some of the comments made it sound more like a corporate team building exercise than a game.
          I've been on a couple of such corporate teambuilding things, but they had no physical aspect to them at all. And the impact wasn't very long lasting because I can't remember ANY details. ;)

I would definitely pay to go to something like that. I would prefer it without the technology though. The thing on the wrist seems like it would ruin the immersion.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            I know about murder mystery parties that are played at people's houses (actually went to one a few years ago at a friend's house.. people were dressed up in period costumes and really got in to their roles.. I was just there for the beer and snacks ;) ), but have not heard of special buildings setup around solving mysteries. Could be interesting.
            I've heard of not only these, but some companies that basically you say, "I want to do something on this day," and when that day comes around you get a phone call and off you go. They have you going around town, looking for clues and such, getting and making phone calls all to solve some sort of puzzle or mystery.
            [squadl]
            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X