Alien Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Discussion

Isn't it obvious to most with half a brain that extraterrestrial life has been, is and will be here in the future? They must whimsically view our "civilization" like we see slowly worsening mildew on our shower tile grout.

Maybe other life forms haven't communicated actively with us because they're still trying to figure-out the technicalities of our oh-so-advanced radio technology...

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
    I have "half a brain"
    What'd you do with the other half???

:D
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

hes male... males only use half there brain :P
      From Adam Webb

Comment

I hope you are being sarcstic DeRanger. Not to impose on your opinion, but I have "half a brain" and don't believe in extraterrestrials. If you bring me a little green man however, I will most humbly withdraw my statement.
        Honestly, we must be the only intelligent life forms in what we know as the universe.

Now I'm being sarcastic there Mr. Lobotomy.

Comment

The statistical improbability that we are the only life in the entire universe is staggering. Heck, it's pretty damn difficult to find large areas completely devoid of life on our very own planet!
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i believe there is life INSIDE our own solar system....
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
              i believe there is life INSIDE our own solar system....
              Simple life, or advanced (intelligent) life? And if you answer "intelligent", do you think their home is in the solar system, or that they're just here visiting?
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

simple...like small couple of cell "things" on europa (spelled wrong?)

maybe advanced stuff visiting ;), but, since it took us so long to start traveling im sure anything else out there would be at the same sort of stage as us, after all it "started" at the same time for this universe. Who knows.....
                From Adam Webb

Comment

im sure anything else out there would be at the same sort of stage as us, after all it "started" at the same time for this universe. Who knows.....
                  Ah, but remember that life on Earth is young in comparison to the life of Earth itself. And Earth is young in comparison to other planets in this universe. Provided that life evolved at a similar rate to life on Earth, there could be civilizations out there that are millions of years older than ours... Think about the advances we've made in the last 200 yrs and then think about the advances that could be made in a million years....
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I hope you are being sarcstic DeRanger. Not to impose on your opinion, but I have "half a brain" and don't believe in extraterrestrials. If you bring me a little green man however, I will most humbly withdraw my statement.
                    Billions and billions of stars out there with billions of planets out there revolving around those stars and you can honestly believe that the only place where there is intelligent life is on this planet?

The religious right must love you..... :P

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                      Isn't it obvious to most with half a brain that extraterrestrial life has been, is and will be here in the future? They must whimsically view our "civilization" like we see slowly worsening mildew on our shower tile grout.

Maybe other life forms haven't communicated actively with us because they're still trying to figure-out the technicalities of our oh-so-advanced radio technology...
                      Or maybe they have no need or desire to "contact" other life. Who knows- it's all guesswork.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie

isnt that what its all about? believing in some stupid religon or something that is a story, but NOT believing in something that is so mathmaticaly possible, you'd be mad NOT to bet on it.
                        From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie

isnt that what its all about? believing in some stupid religon or something that is a story, but NOT believing in something that is so mathmaticaly possible, you'd be mad NOT to bet on it.
                          people like that make me laugh

The truly funny (and ironic) part is. Some alien spieces is probably getting into this same debate at this moment right now.

Comment

sorry i hate religon, its the cause of all the issues in the modern world today.

edited by self...too harsh on 50% of "british" population

muslim
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

We dont know the true size of the universe. For all we know it's infinite. If that is the case, then there are infinitely many possibilities. heck, if that is the case it's even possible that somewhere out there there is someone who looks identical to me, taking part in a discussion about ETs on something called a 'forum' for this community known as Tactical Gamer, saying exactly what I'm saying now, word for word; while watching the movie SPACEBALLS on television.

We COULD be the only unique selves in the universe, there could be duplicates of us hundreds of billions of trillions of lightyears away, there could be triplicates another undeterminable distance away. Quadruplets even further. the possibilities are really endless.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X