This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bad News from Iraq Thread

So we've got the Good News from Iraq Thread, so obviously unless we want to just march in lockstep with whatever someone else tells us we need the Bad News from Iraq thread so we can make informed decisions. Same dealio as the Good News thread: "I want to start a thread where people can post bad news they hear or read from Iraq."

So get to it! I'll start us off:

The Russians fed Saddam Hussein information when we invaded

Mosque blows up, 5 die.

33 die in car bombings in Baghdad.

13 die in attacks in Baghdad.

Insurgents storm police station, kill at least 13, free 30 prisoners.

Nine bodies found in Baghdad, including those of Iraqi special forces and an Iraqi policeman.

22 bodies found in baghdad.

Iraqis say they are in the middle of a civil war, US officials decide they're wrong

Nine OTHER bodies found in Baghdad, all killed by shots to the head.

Memorial to those killed by Saddam Hussein's gas attacks is damaged. One person dies.

US-led forces kill 11 civilians, 5 children, 1 cow, or maybe only 4 people if the other 7 died some other way.

At least 86 bodies found in Baghdad. Reprisal atttacks suspected.

Okay that's enough for now. This is all from the past 2 weeks, try to keep it at least that current (a few days old would be better).

Re: The Bad News from Iraq Thread

Im not exactly sure why anyone would want to put a thread up like this. The good news thread is needed because its really hard to find the media reporting it, bad news is what they live for. Anything the media can find to throw at someone they will do it, being it a republican or democratic president or who ever.

This thread is just depressing
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Eh whatever. Read what you wish. I don't want anyone shouting down my thread so I won't shout down this one.

Comment

Heh...

Let's get something straight right now. Just because someone here promotes racial understanding does not mean that we're going to allow KKK propaganda in the name of balance.

I'll not lock this thread now, but this is in extremely poor taste and I can see it quickly spiralling downward. Please be careful what you post here.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          Heh...

Let's get something straight right now. Just because someone here promotes racial understanding does not mean that we're going to allow KKK propaganda in the name of balance.

I'll not lock this thread now, but this is in extremely poor taste and I can see it quickly spiralling downward. Please be careful what you post here.
          Thats interesting, Im not infavour in starting a thread like this one, but do not see why it should be locked if the "good news from iraq thread" is not locked. The anomaly is wrong, i dont know about the laws in The US but in Norway there are laws against racial propaganda, and there are laws aginst using Unlawful use of force according to international laws, so in term of lawfullnes the anomaly fits the other thread better(but IMO its a wrong anomaly)

I think both threads sould be open

edit: so its ok to have threads that suport warcrimes and supporting actions that increases the chances of terror atacks( acording to CIA and the brish parlament and other sources:
          http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...16training.htm
          http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...0801driven.htm

but not ok to have threads that show bad news about the iraq war??

Comment

Originally posted by fighter10101
            Thats interesting, Im not infavour in starting a thread like this one, but do not see why it should be locked if the "good news from iraq thread" is not locked. The anomaly is wrong, i dont know about the laws in The US but in Norway there are laws against racial propaganda, and there are laws aginst using Unlawful use of force according to international laws, so in term of lawfullnes the anomaly fits the other thread better(but IMO its a wrong anomaly)

I think both threads sould be open

edit: so its ok to have threads that suport warcrimes and supporting actions that increases the chances of terror atacks( acording to CIA and the brish parlament and other sources:
            http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...16training.htm
            http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...0801driven.htm

but not ok to have threads that show bad news about the iraq war??
            I didn't say that it was not OK to have a thread that shows bad news about the war. Please re-read my post. If you have any further questions about my warning, I suggest you take them to PM.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper
              The good news thread is needed because its really hard to find the media reporting it, bad news is what they live for. Anything the media can find to throw at someone they will do it, being it a republican or democratic president or who ever.

Exactly, if I wanted a bad news story,I would just turn on most network news stations. I have to agree with Cing, I find the post poor taste, and I am sure the motive for the post is pure spite.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
                Exactly, if I wanted a bad news story,I would just turn on most network news stations. I have to agree with Cing, I find the post poor taste, and I am sure the motive for the post is pure spite.
                Pure spite? Not exactly...

I read the good news from Iraq thread. I find that happynews.com site in particular to be good because normall all you get is bad stuff, which is annoying. I just think it's important to have both sides, because if you only get good news it's just as bad as only getting bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                  Pure spite? Not exactly...

I read the good news from Iraq thread. I find that happynews.com site in particular to be good because normall all you get is bad stuff, which is annoying. I just think it's important to have both sides, because if you only get good news it's just as bad as only getting bad news.
                  I think the point is that we get the bad stuff from EVERYWHERE. The point of the Good News thread was to get a break from THIS type of content. We're aware of the bad stuff, it's shoved down our throats everywhere we turn. Getting good news from Iraq is something that would be nice to see for a change and doesn't need to be "balanced" by even MORE bad news that you quickly cut & paste from CNN.

I too find this thread in VERY poor taste and spite-motivated. Especially considering the fact that we have a number of people away in Iraq right now, the last thing I want them to see when they come home is more of this crap.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Also interesting Tycho, is that you did not have the time, or motivation to defend your point of view in this thread.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...npunished.html

Originally posted by Tycho
                    I really don't have time to get into a big discussion, so I'm just going to end it here.
                    But miraculously enough you took the time, and effort to create this one.

sniff....sniff...smells like a troll.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I agree..

I realize it may be controversial, but I'm going to close this thread for a variety of reasons already stated.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X