• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx: 25hrs of flights

http://digitalcreations.cc/videos/FDX_25HR_OPS.wmv

Neato.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: FedEx: 25hrs of flights

Meh, the video has lost some of its luster since I posted it in January...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

Yeah that's pretty much how it goes. If you ever have the opportunity to go to the Memphis hub which is our main hub it's insane! You wouldn't believe it when you saw it. The overnight shipping industry is pretty much a Chinese fire drill 24hrs a day. Good post Wyz thanks
      sigpic

Comment

I heard a rumour that the founder of FedEx wrote up his idea for overnight shipping anywhere in the country for a university business course. He got a C, because the prof called it creative but unrealistic...or something to that extent.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
        [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
        Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by Diceman
          I heard a rumour that the founder of FedEx wrote up his idea for overnight shipping anywhere in the country for a university business course. He got a C, because the prof called it creative but unrealistic...or something to that extent.

Close...

Comment

Heh, I like the music. That is a really cool video...
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Which one of those planes was Tom Hanks on?
              I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                Heh, I like the music. That is a really cool video...
                Led Zeppelin.

Comment

Do you know who perfomed it?
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                    Led Zeppelin.
                    Was that a statement? An answer? Could you explain yourself? All I saw were planes. No zepplins.
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Going to California - Led Zeppelin
                      (with an aching in my heart)

That was the song. Though I suspect Rincewind knew that.

I think I used to have a line from that song in my sig.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                        Going to California - Led Zeppelin
                        (with an aching in my heart)

That was the song.
                        Yes, that was the song, but not the performing artist :)

Comment

I swear only one plane landed in my city, ONE! And only 4 within 300 miles, sheesh. Do you guys not like kansas or something? :)

Comment

Originally posted by hayes321
                            I swear only one plane landed in my city, ONE! And only 4 within 300 miles, sheesh. Do you guys not like kansas or something? :)

Well to be honest it's all based on volume to each district and how many planes have to fly there. Since Memphis TN in Fedex terms isn't very far away Kansas we can take a later plane to take all the overnight stuff to Kansas or your plane actually might come from Indy not exactly sure but I do know it's one of those.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                              Led Zeppelin.
                              'Nuff said.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement