Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush shows his class

Town Hall Forum

Really surprised no one else has posted this. Seen it one FOX news yesterday, Bush was in a town hall forum type setting and was taking questions from members of the audience when a 50 year old business man stood up and said this:

Originally posted by The Telegrapg
    “Okay, I don’t have a question.

“What I wanted to say to you is that I,in my lifetime, have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened by, my leadership in Washington, including the presidency, by the Senate, and ...,” the man said, as the audience began booing.

“No, wait a sec — let him speak,” Bush said. “I feel like despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility to be ashamed of yourself inside yourself,” the man said.
    Originally posted by Yahoo News
    "While I listen to you talk about freedom, I see you assert your right to tap my telephone, to arrest me and hold me without charges, to try to preclude me from breathing clean air and drinking clean water and eating safe food. If I were a woman, you'd like to restrict my opportunity to make a choice... about whether I can abort a pregnancy... What I wanted to say to you is that--in my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened, by my leadership in Washington, including the presidency. And I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and the grace to be ashamed of youself... I also want to say I really appreciate the courtesy of allowing me to speak
    As Mr. Rose started to talk and started laying into Bush the crowd started to boo the guy, but Bush interupted them and told them to quiet down and let him speak, he wasnt rattled by it at all. Really shows how much Bush really wants to hear us and cares about what we say even if its a rip on his job and such.

Now do you think that if Kerry or Gore was in charge they would have let him speek?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Bush shows his class

Well, It has been six years and this is the first "classy" thing I've seen him do. I'm somewhat surprised, but still realize it was probably to make himself look good considering how low his approval rating is.
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Now do you think that if Kerry or Gore was in charge they would have let him speek?
      Why wouldn't they?
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
        Well, It has been six years and this is the first "classy" thing I've seen him do. I'm somewhat surprised, but still realize it was probably to make himself look good considering how low his approval rating is.
        -Zephyr

This post ends the topic because it is the truth, a fact.

Comment

The reason his approveal rating is so low is becuase hes doing alot of jobs that no other president wants to. Social Security, Immigration, Iraq, Judical practice and all sorts of things no one wants to mess with. The reason Clintons was okay was becuase he cared more about the foreign policy then domestic....

need to look at all the factors
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
            This post ends the topic because it is the truth, a fact.
            Would you care to divulge where this "fact" came from? Do you realize that in order for this to be a fact, or a truth, you would have to have GW himself admit the only reason he did this was to make himself look good?

If you can't produce any evidence showing this is fact, then retract your statement as it's nothing more than conjecture based on your own personal wishes for something to be true.

And yes, it's a pet peeve of mine to have people state things as "fact" just because they want it to be true. Your post does not end the topic, it merely goes to show that people will make up "facts" in order to further their own political beliefs. It shows what is wrong with a large portion of America when it comes to understanding what the "facts" are and not simply jumping on the Pro or Anti-Bush bandwagons.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
              It shows what is wrong with a large portion of America when it comes to understanding what the "facts" are and not simply jumping on the Pro or Anti-Bush bandwagons.
              Hear, hear!
              Dirt013

Comment

Thx for that Apo, wasn't really sure how to respond, dint want to make the left wing any more jealous
                -Vulcan

Comment

Speaking of the pro/anti Bush bandwagon would you have thought less of him if he hadn't of let that man speak?

I'm just wondering because for 6 years he's been screening the dissenting opinions out of those debates. He's having the people who don't agree with him kicked out before the debate starts. That seems to be nearly the exact same thing that you accused Democrats of. Does it really make that much difference if he treats those who disagree with him differently when he's on camera?

Comment

If this is the best example of 'class' you can find of Mr. Bush over the past 5 1/2 long years, that's not a very strong case at all.

If he actually, you know, read newspapers (other than the sports section) or had any exposure to any kind of information outside his fenced in garden of YesMen and Fox News, then I might find more evidence of "how much Bush really wants to hear us and cares about what we say."
                    Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                      Speaking of the pro/anti Bush bandwagon would you have thought less of him if he hadn't of let that man speak?

I'm just wondering because for 6 years he's been screening the dissenting opinions out of those debates. He's having the people who don't agree with him kicked out before the debate starts. That seems to be nearly the exact same thing that you accused Democrats of. Does it really make that much difference if he treats those who disagree with him differently when he's on camera?
                      I think you're confusing forums. There's a difference between screening the audiences when the President is going to address the nation, and screening for Town Hall format speeches.

There's also a difference between screening out people wearing "Buck Fush" t-shirts and screening out people that are willing to respectfully disagree. I think if you take into account the demeanor of those people that have been barred from the President's speaking engagements, you'll find that they almost all fit the profile of a belligerent protester.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I heard about someone that works with Bush in the White House, she says he is very arrogant off camera.
                        |TG| aschmack

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
                          I heard about someone that works with Bush in the White House, she says he is very arrogant off camera.
                          I think that is a requirement for the job don't you think?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd

Yeah when you get elected to run this country full of ingreats and lazy people, i think arrogance is needed
                            -Vulcan

Comment

No. Never. Arrogance is rarely, if ever, necessary. I much prefer, and expect, a certain degree of humility.

As for the actual topic, I'm glad Bush let him speak. And I've also recently found myself agreeing with a handful of his decisions, like Dubai (though I haven't kept track for the past couple weeks). I also agree with pretty much everything that the audience member said. And I respectfully disagree with much of what Trooper said.

But I've been through those rungs with some people here too many times to eagerly jump into the midst of another debate of that topic and nature. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X