In this topic, we talk about cars.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this topic, we talk about cars.

However.. should this be here? This is the unspecified board, and I didn't see any topic like this already so I was gonna post, but I was thinking.. should I post it on the pictures board so we can 'legally' post videos and pictures and stuff? Or is it enough of a random discussion to just put here?

Either way, move it if it needs to be moved and let's talk cars.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=s2000&pl=true

This is a video I found a few minutes ago and decided, hey, why not post it in the thread I wanted to start anyway. It depicts an S2000, M3, 350z, and Boxter in a five-lap race. Good video and I got a good laugh when the Boxter driver, 5 seconds behind the guy in third, just said "screw it" and started talking about the interior of the car and how it was a babe magnet LOL

Anyway, does anyone here have any mods or anything done to their cars? Anyone with a really nice ride they should mention? I know I saw someone, I think it was Chickenlegz, who said they had done engine work amongst other stuff to their ride.

As for me? I have a boring Pontiac Sunfire :row__531: It's not even mine, it's automatic, it's in crap condition (inside, out, and mechanically), and all it does is barely get the family from point A to point B in an uncomfortable manner.

Re: In this topic, we talk about cars.

This seems like an exellent time to mention that I was rear ended by a pickup truck going about 90-100mph at 2:30 Friday morning. Now instead of driving a Buick LeSabre for work, I'm driving a Ford Taurus...:icon9:

Oh, and some links to relevent threads:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/picture...e-charger.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...got-mopar.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...g-new-car.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...-new-ride.html
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

O come on, the ford taurus is a great car. Mine just turn 147k miles on that beast, still gets 25mpg and still goes 80, but she shakes at 70.

My dad has a E350 12 passenger van that we had modded. Now it sits 4" higher with a F350 front axle so its now got 4wheel drive. We build a all steel push bar, that is fastened right to the frame, and 12,000 lb winch build into that. We use it mainly to pull the 38' camper he has, but we do alot of off road camping and hiking, so it makes it nice. forgot to mention the 38" tires it has on it...Sweet!
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

2003 Accord EX V6 VTEC. Quite a fun ride.

Only a cold air intake has been added at this point. I need to put some money into the suspension before I bother doing anythnig else with the engine. It doesn't need more power. If you've ever driven a V6 VTEC you'll know what i'm talking about.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I just picked up a 2006 Civic Si.

197Hp, Limited slip differential, 6 speed close ratio transmission, and the awe inspiring 8k RPM redline with 6k RPM vtec cam shift.

Scared myself a few times already with it.

Comment

I've got a '94 Mazda Rx7. Damn thing is costing an arm and a leg to keep running right, but I think it's worth every penny! (I drive a '97 camry for a daily driver)

Not much "modified" on it really, cold air intake, slight exhaust modification, lowering springs and adjustable shocks. 's about it. Working on soe cosmetics next (window tint, front lip, couple dings removed).

Ouch on that rear end Cing. You seem ok though?
            And the hondas have always seemed like decent performers. I might trade my Rx7 in for an NSX when I can afford it.

Comment

I drive an '02 BMW 530i that I absolutely love. I don't have pictures of mine but it looks exactly like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
                I've got a '94 Mazda Rx7. Damn thing is costing an arm and a leg to keep running right, but I think it's worth every penny! (I drive a '97 camry for a daily driver)

Not much "modified" on it really, cold air intake, slight exhaust modification, lowering springs and adjustable shocks. 's about it. Working on soe cosmetics next (window tint, front lip, couple dings removed).

Ouch on that rear end Cing. You seem ok though?
                And the hondas have always seemed like decent performers. I might trade my Rx7 in for an NSX when I can afford it.
                Old or new NSX? Either way those things are $$. I'll come over to drive it when you get it though...

Comment

Rx-7 >>>>> Nsx :row__639:

Also would be cheaper to keep running. How many miles you got on it?

One of these days I'll import an '02 Spirit R and keep it in my garage for years and years to come. I'd be too afraid to make it less than mint to drive it LOL

But I need to figure out what I'm going to buy for my 16th birthday. Now while that sounds really spoonfed (getting a nice car when I turn 16), it's not without reason (sadly :icon19:). I'm essentially getting a 10 grand lease from my parents and whatever else I can scrape up. So it has to be good.

Comment

This is my baby.

It's a 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad-Cab 4x4 I bought on Labor day in 2000 (oh man do I have some stories about that). I was 18 and it was the first thing I felt I truely owned. It's going on 6 years old (duh) and has 56,000 miles on it.

Modifications include a Suncoast Creations Ram Air hood (functional), Flowmaster Exhaust, 3" Rancho suspension lift, 33" BFG All-Terrain Tires, a Grizzly roll-bar (looks only), a rally style mount for the spare, Wet-okole neoprene seat covers, and a stereo system I most likely spent too much money on (Diamond Audio 6 1/2 components in the front, Boston Acostic 6 1/2s in the back, Premier DEH960 Head-unit, PPI 400 Watt amp, 2 8 in. JL Audio 8W0s).

Money has been better spent elsewhere lately, but I'd still like to get around to headers and other minor engine mods. I love my truck, and pretty much plan to drive it (and my POS 92 Ford Ranger) until the wheels fall off. By then, I'm hoping I can convert it into a flying truck (hey, this is the 21st century, you know).

Comment

When I was living in Atlanta a few years ago, a friend drove down for the annual NSX rally. His was a black 91 (8 or 9 years old at the time), but the parking lot at the Marriott was filled with NSX's. Pretty neat sight to see. He took me for a ride up the highway (as if he'd let anyone else drive it!) - that thing can haul ass. I looked over at the guages at one point and saw that we were braking down through about 110! I wouldn't have guessed that we were going more than about 90.. smooth as silk. Of course, I needed a can opener to get out of the damn thing, but it was still quite cool. I think his daily driver was an M3.. sigh.

My car is a 1996 Ford Contour w/ about 125k on it now.. I feel like I know its quirks inside and out so I'm kinda afraid to get a new car that I don't know as well. As long as this one keeps running, I don't feel the need to get another one :)
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                        Rx-7 >>>>> Nsx :row__639:

Also would be cheaper to keep running. How many miles you got on it?

One of these days I'll import an '02 Spirit R and keep it in my garage for years and years to come. I'd be too afraid to make it less than mint to drive it LOL
                        Ah, I do really like my 7, but maybe I'm getting old... the slightly more posh look/interior etc of the NSX appeals to me, as does the reliability of a honda engine, and frankly it is more roomy than the rx7(my poor wide ass, and I'm having a HELL of a time getting my helmeted head in it, damned moonroof). oi... rx7 twin turbos and reliability just don't go together.

miles, I've got 3k on the motor, 82K on the chassis. I got it used at ~75K miles 100% stock('cept a boost gauge). The coolant seals let loose ~79K. Was KINDA pissed. hindsight, ~75K miles on original motor(including the precat) was the WORST choice I could have made. Ah well. The interior is really nice, the paint is decent with a few particular chips, and the body is pretty good. It's Montego Blue(looks almost black at night, blue during indirect/ambient light, and under direct light green metalic flecks). It's a lot of fun, very engaging car. Aware of everything going on in it. Mechanically it is cool to me that it doesn't use pistons, the twin sequential turbos are neat(though finicky with a dozen solenoids and 2 dozen vacuum hoses to control it), the lightweight chassis, the unequal length double a arm suspension... I am going on a bit much I suppse! heh.

I like the BAT(bad ass truck) Fenix. My friend has an f350 diesal quad cab full bed duellie BEAST of a truck that he uses to haul his BMW 325 race car(full cage, no interior, I think he raced in SCCA t2 or something like that?).

And I can't help but envy someone's automobiles that has am M3 as a daily driveer and a (modified?) NSX as a fun car.

Comment

I just traded my 99 Plymouth voyager in for a 2006 Kia Sorento.

you can click here to see it : http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=...ostream&size=o

My wife wanted a new mini van but I wanted a 4 wheel drive vehicle (never had one). The price was right and Kia offers a 10 year one hundred thousand mile warranty on the engine and drivetrain and a 5 year bumper to bumper on everything else.

I plan on adding some side steps and a rear spoiler in the near future. When the factory tires are ready for replacement I'll upgrade to some nicer tires.

We've already done some cool off roading as a family so that's been fun.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I want one of these:
                            http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...18/207698.html

330 MPG!

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Ah, I do really like my 7, but maybe I'm getting old... the slightly more posh look/interior etc of the NSX appeals to me, as does the reliability of a honda engine, and frankly it is more roomy than the rx7(my poor wide ass, and I'm having a HELL of a time getting my helmeted head in it, damned moonroof). oi... rx7 twin turbos and reliability just don't go together.
                              Haha yeah, I can only hope that doesn't happen to me if I ever can get one. In all seriousness I might aim for a '92 with as low miles as possible (I've seen some with under 7k), preferably yellow (But if I had to get it repainted I could, I guess) somtime in the future, because the same ones I mentioned are under 10 grand.

As for Honda's Reliability, the S2000 has been a really major contender in my mind for when I turn 16. But I might need to really get to scraping up the cash if I want one. Realistically though I'm probably gonna have to get a Miata.

It's a lot of fun, very engaging car. Aware of everything going on in it.
                              THAT is why I'm not gonna get one for my first, even though it would be my parents paying for the insurance and crap. I'd like to think I'm better than most drivers in America today because, let's face it, most of em are terrible. But the thing is I'd still try and push it if I could get away with it really easily- which isn't good. So when I get a little older and maybe just a bit more considerate hopefully, it'll be a good time to get one :)

And I can't help but envy someone's automobiles that has am M3 as a daily driveer
                              The M3 is pretty much the coolest car ever. Fast and powerful, beautiful but not over the top, Safe, and can EASILY ferry around 4 people in full luxury and comfort. There's another car for me to lust after :icon11:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X