Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA Agent shoots self in foot on camera, sues

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

I'm sure several of you remember the video of this dude putting a cap in his foot for the children. Now he's suing the DEA for releasing the tape.

Paige, who writes that he was "once regarded as one of the best undercover agents, if not the best, in the DEA," points to the clip's recent airing on popular television shows and via the Internet as the reason he can no longer work undercover. He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."
    Yep. You were terrific right up until you put your finger on the trigger of a pistol with a chambered round in a schoolroom full of children and shot yourself.

Re: DEA Agent shoots self in foot on camera, sues

Heh... This loser is famous now! He should hire an agent and take advantage of it!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The video if'n you haven't seen it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=dea&pl=true

Comment

Well, if it makes him feel better, at least he didnt scream like a little girl and crawl off when he shot himself.
        Power may grow from the barrel of a gun, but control....... stems from the 1st and the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
          Yep. You were terrific right up until you put your finger on the trigger of a pistol with a chambered round in a schoolroom full of children and shot yourself.
          That about sums it up. Well said.

Comment

My question is, why even bring bullets for guns that you are using as presentation material? I liked how all the kids started geting really anxious when he asked his assistant to give him the rifle after he had already shot himself with the glock.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I think that was his carry weapon, which of course would be loaded and, obviously, chambered.

I guess I'm not professional enough to handle a gun because everytime I touch a pistol I check the chamber so often you'd swear I was that crazy guy from As Good As It Gets. Even when I know damn well that Jesus H. Christ Himself would have had to turn thin air into a chambered round, I check.

Oh, and I try hard to keep my finger off the trigger unless I'm shooting something. You can really tell someone who doesn't handle guns often because the instant the weapon hits their hand, the finger hits the trigger. There's simply no excuse that I'm aware of for someone with his level of training to have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Four basic rules of firearm safety
                1. ALL GUNS ARE LOADED AT ALL TIMES

2. DO NOT POINT A FIREARM AT ANYTHING YOU DO NOT INTEND TO DESTROY

3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ALIGNED AND ON TARGET

4. BE CONSCIEOUS OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT LIES BEYOND IT
                Can you guess the rule/s he broke? This rule is very important. If you aren't about to pull the trigger: keep your finger off it.

It looks like he broke the action to release a round, then forgot he still had the magazine in it. Hence, why I always find this line funny: "33.Police officers, who qualify with their duty weapons once or twice a year, have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain."

Comment

He broke all of them.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Deathdealer247
                    Well, if it makes him feel better, at least he didnt scream like a little girl and crawl off when he shot himself.

I was gonna say the same thing.

And to go on with what leejo and fenix said. Ive been to many gun shops and have watched people ask to hold a gun, its actually interesting to see the dealer hand them a hand gun then kind of step back from the counter. Then to see the customer handle it, wow, finger on trigger first thing. My dad growing up would not hand out ammo until we where set up and ready to shoot.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I think I see this guy's problem. If you watch the video frame by frame you'll notice his finger actually pulls the trigger. I've done some analysis; if he hadn't of shot himself in the foot it appears none of this would have happened. Truly, a lesson for us all.

Comment

lol, I had only seen up to the part where he shoots himself. I would've been right there w/ the kid that was saying, "Put it down!!" If I was the teacher, I'd tell him to get his ass out of there, it's a shame that no one did.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT
                          lol, I had only seen up to the part where he shoots himself. I would've been right there w/ the kid that was saying, "Put it down!!" If I was the teacher, I'd tell him to get his ass out of there, it's a shame that no one did.

He had a GLOCK 40..he was the only one special enough to carry one, if he could shoot himself just think what he would do to the first teacher to yell that.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                            I think I see this guy's problem. If you watch the video frame by frame you'll notice his finger actually pulls the trigger. I've done some analysis; if he hadn't of shot himself in the foot it appears none of this would have happened. Truly, a lesson for us all.
                            I don't understand what you're saying, unless it's sarcasm, and then I don't understand the point of the sarcasm....
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think it's related to the lawsuit. He's suing because the tape was released and is claiming that the tape has hurt his career. I think Tycho is suggesting a different root cause.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X