36-year-old Apollo 13 news report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36-year-old Apollo 13 news report

I found this today in CBSNews.com's Sci-Tech videos. I thought I'd share it here for you all.

Video link: In History: Apollo 13 Blast

Very interesting to see how differently the people appear and act. I wonder what about today will appear foreign in 36 years.

The "housewifely" adverb and "newsmen" noun show just how far forward we've come socially. And, short of it being backed up by well-accepted situational fact, I'm not sure you'd hear a news anchor today use any language which in any way suggested that the astronauts themselves had "done anything" to the ship to cause any failure.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X