This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide Bomber gets wish... video

WARNING: This is a real world video and may be disturbing and/or inappropriate for some viewers... you've been warned.

Back Ground Story:

This is a terrorist who thought he was going to destroy an M1 Abrams tank by ramming his compact car loaded with old artillery shells into it.

They don't detonate, leaving the driver alive, and pinned by his legs under the dashboard. He is still very dangerous, so the good guys from IED send in a robot to place a nice little American device (C4) under the bad guys car in order to destroy all remaining ordinance in the car.
    Did I mention the bad guy is pinned under the dashboard alive?

Oh yeah...The photos and video you see of your friendly local terrorist, are compliments of the robot's camera monitor....Anyway, he's a good terrorist now!! (Dead) And ......he got what he really wanted!!!

The Bigger explosion at the end is from the artillery shells he had loaded up in his ride.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/Assisted(EOD).wmv
    (either left click to view as, or right click and save as)

OH... and feel free to leave your comments, you can do that in the free world you know, but FYI... I don't care if you think the video is wrong, America is wrong, or I am wrong for my beliefs and my sharing of this clip. so HAHA ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Suicide Bomber gets wish... video

So did the tank or support vehicles fire at the car as it took on ramming speed?
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

That is AWESOME....just like the dude said at the end of the clip..."Well this is what he came to do...now he has done it....That had to hurt" . This is priceless:)
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Well done. Deserved everything he got.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
          Well done. Deserved everything he got.
          agreed... definitely the right thing to do.

...though i still felt sympathy for him... ermmm... no that's not the right word... more like pity.. or maybe just sadness - that the local [society/religion/culture/economy/leadership/family] he was born into led him to think that was his best option in life.

... guess becoming a dad (2.5yr old son) has changed my perspective on this kinda stuff. while i agree he got what he deserved, it was still hard to watch - couldn't help but think that he was once a 2.5 yr old kid playing in the dirt just like my son was yesterday...

Comment

Wow, that's intense.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
              agreed... definitely the right thing to do.

...though i still felt sympathy for him... ermmm... no that's not the right word... more like pity.. or maybe just sadness - that the local [society/religion/culture/economy/leadership/family] he was born into led him to think that was his best option in life.

... guess becoming a dad (2.5yr old son) has changed my perspective on this kinda stuff. while i agree he got what he deserved, it was still hard to watch - couldn't help but think that he was once a 2.5 yr old kid playing in the dirt just like my son was yesterday...

He got what was coming to him, but he didn't know any better and it wasn't really his fault.

Still deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                ...though i still felt sympathy for him... ermmm... no that's not the right word... more like pity.. or maybe just sadness -
                Sorry, I have no sympathy, pity, or sadness for him. Just think of how many lives he would have taken if he had succeded.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I think WhiskeySix is more commenting on it being a shame that this is what people do to each other. I have to agree.
                  Last edited by Diceman; 04-14-2006, 06:00 PM.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                  [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                  Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

There's a difference between watching a video of someone getting shot that is actively fighting and a slow methodical killing of someone trapped in a vehicle. I have mixed emotions, but mostly I'm glad he wasn't able to hurt any soldiers or civilians. And yes he did get what he wanted and deserved.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video. Did it look like he was still alive for a second after the explosion? I thought I saw his arms moving, but couldn't tell if that was just gravity working.

Side question: I don't have any major legal objection to the most proximate reasons for blowing that car up with the guy caught inside. Just want to say that. But you've used the word "terrorist" and I'm curious about your use here. You say he was attacking an M1 Abrams tank. In a war, I can't imagine a more "legitimate" target than a military vehicle filled with soldiers of the opposing (or occupying) army. Now, obviously the term "terrorist" is not actually defined in international law, so our use in the west is very loose. But I'm curious what exactly brings you to use the word "terrorist" in this specific context? His method of attack? I'm not interested in getting into a huge debate with you, but I would love to hear your reasons for why and how you use the word, so that I can better understand how you interpret the word.
                      [volun]

Comment

Sorry, I have no sympathy, pity, or sadness for him. Just think of how many lives he would have taken if he had succeded.
                        That's why he deserved what happened to him.

But what he did, he wouldn't have done if it wasn't for his washed up culture and the insane peoples overseas.

Comment

4, right? That's how big a tank crew is.

Comment

Originally posted by Diceman
                            I think WhiskeySix is more commenting on it being a shame that this is what people do to each other.
                            yeah, exactly. I'm NOT suggesting they should have dealt with him any differently... that guy's goal was to kill as many people as possible, and he got what was coming to him.

... just commenting that it's too bad people get turned into what he got turned into - and conversely am grateful that on my birthday, "the clawwww* " dropped me off with my parents/society/church and not his!

As to whether or not he was a "terrorist" or "insurgent" - it's totally a symantic discussion... either way he's an enemy, and IMO he got what he deserved. That being said, if I had to draw a line between the two - I'd say attacks on civilian targets are terrorist attacks, and attacks on military convoys are "insurgent" attacks...

edit: I'm pretty sure he wasn't attacking a TANK... they're stupid, but they're not THAT stupid - I'm sure he was going for a convoy of humvee's or ran a roadblock or something... anyway - even if he was trying to kill ONE other person he still got what he deserved.

*(sorry watching way too much Toy Story lately :icon_lol:)
                            Last edited by WhiskeySix; 04-14-2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Well, I watched the video and I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the dramatic editing. However, it was interesting to see our robots in action and how much planning and detail went into taking out the threat.
                              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X