Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for smoking!

Has anyone seen this film yet?

It is rare for me to see a film with whom's views I agree completely, and this is one of them. And it's funny to boot!
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Re: Thank you for smoking!

Is it something on the net or something we need to rent to watch? Or did you just forget a URL?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...youforsmoking/
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It's a commercial film, released nationwide last week I believe.

I hate to link to it, because links inevitably give away part of the story (like reading the back cover of a book), but if anyone likes, here is the basic Yahoo! movie profile. For what it's worth, most of the blurbs I've seen about the movie aren't really accurate.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

It was ok. Some of it was very biting satire, but it felt like it pulled punches when you expected a right hook. Much "softer" than advertised. Some of the dialogue could have been pulled right from the Sandbox, however. Recommended.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
            It was ok. Some of it was very biting satire, but it felt like it pulled punches when you expected a right hook. Much "softer" than advertised. Some of the dialogue could have been pulled right from the Sandbox, however. Recommended.
            I think a lot of people were disappointed that the movie makes a mockery of the "wrong" people. :icon_eek:

I refused to see it until my friend told me who it makes fun of.

Comment

It pokes fun at a little bit of everybody. The Rob Lowe scenes were priceless. And the self-righteous Vermont senator? Awesome.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
                I refused to see it until my friend told me who it makes fun of.
                I watched the trailer and it looks pretty good!
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                  The Rob Lowe scenes were priceless.
                  "Do you know what time it is in Tokyo?"

"Uhhh. . . no"

"It's four in the afternoon. Tommorrow. They're in the future."

". . ."

Comment

I've heard good things. After checking out the special screening of 2001 tonight, that's next on my list.

After that, next on my list is C.S.A.. Click on 'Trailier' to see the...you know, trailer. This looks HILARIOUS.
                    Beatnik

Comment

Yea, I want to see "Thank You Yor Smoking".

Originally posted by Beatnik
                      After that, next on my list is C.S.A.. Click on 'Trailier' to see the...you know, trailer. This looks HILARIOUS.
                      Eh, I watched the trailer. Honestly, can't say that I'll go see that.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X