Tossing Myself into the Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tossing Myself into the Fire

I'm not trying to start a flame here. This really is a serious question.

I recently had this thought, but I don't know if it's original or not. I've looked on Google and haven't found anything like it. There are a lot a smart people around here so I figure someone could tell me where to research next or why my idea holds no logic.

For those of us who know for a fact that the body of Jesus Christ did not actually rise from the dead, push it's way out of the tomb and then ascend to the heavens; Where did the body go? Who took it? Where is it now?

Since his opponents would have nothing to gain from taking the body without some sort of public degradation, I believe it was probably taken by his believers. I don't think one of his followers would desecrate the body by dumping it somewhere so then I wonder; What did they do with it? And, is it possible that the body of Christ, hidden somewhere to this day, is the "Holy Grail" or the vessel of Holy Blood?

Re: Tossing Myself into the Fire

I think that unless you have possession of Christ's body, you do not know for a fact anything about it. Let's say you are supported by a strong probability. Assuming that Christ was not holy and that His body didn't ascend to heaven, as you posit, I guess some sort of spontaneous combustion-type Mystery Of The Unknown phenomenon could have occurred. Certainly it's a possibility that some of His posse absconded with the Dude in order to create a myth.

This area of inquiry strikes me as extraordinarily speculative and unlikely to generate meaningful discussion. If a team dig up a body with some evidence that links it to Christ, then you're in business. Without any sort of physical evidence though what can we accomplish through this line of inquiry?

Comment

I find your post vaguely interesting, and if I cared even minutely about such things, I might discuss it, but why would you ask such a deep question of interest to historical and religious scholars on Tactical Gamer? There are probably a hundred sites where the topic would be eagerly discussed by people who are actually educated in history and religion.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I'm not sure how to answer it because of this:

For those of us who know for a fact that the body of Jesus Christ did not actually rise from the dead, push it's way out of the tomb and then ascend to the heavens; Where did the body go?
        I think we'll need to re-define "fact". The way that word is just casually thrown around lately I'm not sure many people actually know what it means.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Would Christ be spec ops, assault, support, or medic?

Comment

Yes.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by icky
              I find your post vaguely interesting, and if I cared even minutely about such things, I might discuss it, but why would you ask such a deep question of interest to historical and religious scholars on Tactical Gamer? There are probably a hundred sites where the topic would be eagerly discussed by people who are actually educated in history and religion.
              Because we're a zillion times cooler than anyone at any of those sites.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                If You believe in the Trinity, believing in a Quatrinity like that isn't all that hard.
                [volun2]
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                  Vodnik.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I'll keep it light because I could argue this pretty deeply, but in the same way I can't prove in a physically visible way what Christ did, please don't imply that you 'know for fact' the opposite.

I won't force my beliefs on anyone but there are historically validated (i.e. validated by an non-religious entity) facts that are public knowledge that contradict your statement. If you can provide unquestionable evidence, do it. Otherwise, it's a decision left to each individual.

Comment

You will respawn in 3 days.

You will respawn in 2 days.

You will respawn in 1 day.

And then you spawn in mid-air with four of your squadmates. Creepy.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
                        I'll keep it light because I could argue this pretty deeply, but in the same way I can't prove in a physically visible way what Christ did, please don't imply that you 'know for fact' the opposite.

I won't force my beliefs on anyone but there are historically validated (i.e. validated by an non-religious entity) facts that are public knowledge that contradict your statement. If you can provide unquestionable evidence, do it. Otherwise, it's a decision left to each individual.

I completely agree with this. There are some 4k roman accounts of the death burial and resurrection of christ. Pilot, the ruler of the day, wrote some, His guards wrote many, even those who where in charge of the burial grounds. There was an earthquake that caused damage to the area, its documented.

My question why couldn't his body ascend into heaven, being GOD you have those "skills". Why would his believers take him, its against Jewish custom to remove a dead person after the burial ceremony was over.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          You will respawn in 3 days.

You will respawn in 2 days.

You will respawn in 1 day.

And then you spawn in mid-air with four of your squadmates. Creepy.
                          Has Wyzcrak been reading up on the TacticalJesusMod?

It's freaky; you can run across the lakes on the map, and if you die, everyone on the server respawns all at once.
                          [volun2]

Comment

Thanks guys, I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Comment

In game handle: Steel Scion
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed