This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal or Conservative?

I'm conservative because my Christian beliefs guide me to a more "conservative" person...........if you're under the legal age to vote, i urge you to abandon this poll.
    Liberal
    30.77%
    Conservative
    61.54%
    I decline to state my political party
    7.69%

Satanic :twisted:

And there is no more twisted icon... :icon35:
    Last edited by Daxx; 02-22-2004, 10:15 PM.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Why is there only 2 options?

Nowadays, people are not "conversative" or "liberal" but a mixture of each.

I am conservative in regards to the Constitution/economy/government but more liberal concerning social issues (whether or not to legalize mary jane, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
        Why is there only 2 options?

Nowadays, people are not "conversative" or "liberal" but a mixture of each.

I am conservative in regards to the Constitution/economy/government but more liberal concerning social issues (whether or not to legalize mary jane, etc).

Indeed. I'm a nationalistic libertarian. Try pinning that into one of the two poll categories...

If you want to figure out where you are in the political arena, try taking this very short test: http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
          Conservative. Dad brought me up that way, plus I like Bush alot. Whoever doesn't can politely not comment. :)
          Did you take the quiz? Are you sure you're conservative? I'm not saying you're not, but it's amazing how many people are "Republicans because Dad was a Republican", when, in fact, they don't actually philosophically agree with the party...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Conservative. Dad brought me up that way, plus I like Bush alot. Whoever doesn't can politely not comment. :)

right on brotha :icon14: :icon20:

Comment

is this bad?
              Nope... Nightfire's rah-rah attitude may be, though... :icon_roll
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

definatly more liberal but i would have to agree with wolfie, i am a "third way person. a new development in the british labour party.

it abandons the total taxes and envelops a more centerist approach whwere the government acts as a check on the public. but retains the identity of a liberal government through its dedications to the National Health service the minimum wage and bettering the educations of the poor.

those are the baisic aims but i think that there are so many parties you can select from just saying liberal and conservative isnt a fair assesment.

because if my option as being liberal puts me in the same line as the liberal democrates or the far left organisations then i would rather decline my view.

and psi... "I like Bush alot. Whoever doesn't can politely not comment."

that is not a very good attitude, when discussing politics you really have to accept that others have a different opinion to you. and no despite your beliefs they are not wrong. they hold their own beliefs, and to them they will hold those. same as your ideas are not wrong.. but swearing off like that just inst really appropriate to a political discussion i think...

and dont take that personal i just didnt think it was neccasary.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Bleeding heart liberal. Always have been, always will be. My parents, however, are borderline republicans.

Comment

Left liberal personal 100%, economic 40%. Not sure how valid I think this quiz is though.

I am really very undecided about who to vote for mostly because two of our three parties are incapable of providing decent opposition, nevermind decent govt. Having a strong opposition is fundamental to the way our system of govt works.

In the US it would be no question though. The democrats are definately the least bad option IMHO.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                      Left liberal personal 100%, economic 40%. Not sure how valid I think this quiz is though.

I am really very undecided about who to vote for mostly because two of our three parties are incapable of providing decent opposition, nevermind decent govt. Having a strong opposition is fundamental to the way our system of govt works.

In the US it would be no question though. The democrats are definately the least bad option IMHO.

i am labour all the way, and the only two reasons some of the labour supporters have decided to question their choice i think is the war and tuition fees...

you cant seriously believe that this government even with the now stronger conservative shadow cabinet is the wrong one.... tuition fees are good just again and again the british public ar3e expecting everything for nothing.

oh and the test is absolute nonsense. it covers about 5% of the real issues... only covers the main points in a very very general way

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

To the boys across the pond:

What are your positions on the royality? Is your country just doing them a lip-service, or do they actually have a role in your society? I'm sorry for asking, but I'm rather in-the-dark about modern monarchies. :)

Comment

our monarchy serves the purpose of tradition more than anything. it is a symbol of our independence from europe who over threw their monarchies. you could say also a symbol of our island nation and the building of our Royal navy.

they do still have to aprove the prime minister but mostly all the approvals and queens consent etc is ceremonial and there is little the queen could do. but effectivly say if a ultra nationalist party was elected the queen cxould thwart them... the army pledges alegance to her and she still has status....

but mostly all ceremonial.... but i wouldnt give up our monarchy for nothing. its what makes us British.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

i don't even know the kind and queen of england today...just mr. blaire.

Comment

well ok.

and its Tony Blair

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed