Neil Young: Living With War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young: Living With War

Some may have already heard about this album, some already love it, some already hate it. I've supported Neil since the first time I heard him and subsequently the first time I met him. He's a good guy, an incredible songwriter and a true musician, so I'm putting this link out. He doesn't BS.

His main site (www.neilyoung.com) seems to be hammered today, but this blog has all relevant info and a pretty surreal interview clip from a particularly uninformed holywood CNN reporter (tip: don't ever ask Neil about publicity or marketing).

http://livingwithwar.blogspot.com/

Re: Neil Young: Living With War

I've not heard it, but I don't see myself giving him any money to listen to it, either...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thanks for the notice Mose--I've been a fan of NY since I began listening to Rock & Roll in the seventies.

Recently saw the much touted "The Last Waltz"--a Martin Scorcese movie that documents the last concert put on by "The Band". There were many excellent guest appearances from the likes of Eric Clapton, Joni Mitchell, Muddy Waters, Neil Diamond...and Neil Young. Great movie if you are into the music of the seventies.

Coincidentally...I saw Neil Young back in the late eighties. He played with Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and ... a reformed version of The Band...it was an awesome show.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        I've not heard it, but I don't see myself giving him any money to listen to it, either...
        He doesn't want money, it's free.

I just finished listening and found it to be genuine and definitely worth listening to if you're a Neil and Crazy Horse fan (it's done in 'horse' style, along with some horns and a boatload of backing vocals). If you don't know anything about Neil Young, you may not like his flavor of rock and roll - but for me personally, I love hearing the godfather of grunge live on, singing protest songs again.

Oh - and Grunt - yes, the Last Waltz (as well as The Band) is legendary - historic. You should also check out Festival Express - released last year, it documents a railroad tour across Canada - can you imagine putting the Dead, Janis Joplin, The Band (1970), Buddy Guy and others on a two-week train trip/tour across Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
          Oh - and Grunt - yes, the Last Waltz (as well as The Band) is legendary - historic. You should also check out Festival Express - released last year, it documents a railroad tour across Canada - can you imagine putting the Dead, Janis Joplin, The Band (1970), Buddy Guy and others on a two-week train trip/tour across Canada?
          I can imagine it was one hell of a trip.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
            I can imagine it was one hell of a trip.
            Actually Bob Weir made a comment that really stood out (to me) - they predictably drank the train dry and had to make an emergency stop at a liquor store. Bought the place out. Anyway, he's recollecting (the interviews took place in 2004, 34 years after the trip) how 'different' it was for him and other Dead members to binge on booze because they had become so accustomed to psychadelics. I seem to remember him saying something to the extent of 'it's such a different kind of buzz.' Hilarious.

Most of the musicians claimed the trip stands out as one of their finest times as a professional musician - not the shows, but the train trip itself. Hanging out with other bands and just jamming all night, on the rails..

Comment

I'll probably get this. I like Neil Young a lot. I'm pretty sure that I'll disagree with the politics but that's no biggie.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X