MI:III advertising gone too far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI:III advertising gone too far?

Now the newspaper boxes in LA play the MI:III theme song when you open them. LAPD didn't know what was going on and some customers thought there was a bomb inside the boxes. The LAPD actually blew up a box before they figured out what was happening. Advertising gone too far? How about those mobile advertising billboards? Discuss.

Re: MI:III advertising gone too far?

Sounds like a waste of money to me. I don't think it will get anyone excited about the film that isn't already stoked.

However, I think that opening up one of the overhead containers on a plane and finding a bunch of snakes would get me excited about the upcoming Snakes on a Plane.

Comment

That would be funny to watch :D.

Comment

Originally posted by Faultline
        Sounds like a waste of money to me. I don't think it will get anyone excited about the film that isn't already stoked.

However, I think that opening up one of the overhead containers on a plane and finding a bunch of snakes would get me excited about the upcoming Snakes on a Plane.
        Sounds like a waste of money to me, too. But, it wouldn't be America if we weren't wasting money, am I right?!

And, on a related note:

Comment

THIS is advertising gone too far. Just wrong. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt...arch=oozinator
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pecker

I thought that was fake, but it's a real product: http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?pa...oduct_id=17359
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
              Now the newspaper boxes in LA play the MI:III theme song when you open them. LAPD didn't know what was going on and some customers thought there was a bomb inside the boxes. The LAPD actually blew up a box before they figured out what was happening. Advertising gone too far? How about those mobile advertising billboards? Discuss.
              A bomb?!

LAPD blew up a newspaper box because it played the MI theme tune? If you opened a newspaper box and it played the MI tune would your first reaction be "Oh crap it's a bomb."? If you were in the bomb squad and someone said "A newspaper box is playing a song when you open it" would your first reaction be to blow it up?

Am I wrong to think that these people are completely crazy?

I think it's an original advertising idea and if they have the money to spend on it then why not? The person who opens the box will hear the tune and tell people about what happened because it's so unusual. Soon people will be talking about it on internet forums.

Comment

It all depends. Did the newspaper machine say it was going to self destruct in 5 seconds? :icon19:

Comment

Boo, Mateo.

Booooooo.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    Boo, Mateo.

Booooooo.
                    You are just upset I got to it first!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      Boo, Mateo.

Booooooo.

ROFL...

Mateo that was pretty awful. XD

Comment

I think the real crime here would be that MI has gone from a Secret Agent thriller style movie into "LOL he's leik James Bond plus ahnolhd! But he's emerican! And we got teh fat guy frum red dragon!"

Comment

Even if they knew it was a music box I think blowing it up was the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by pecker

LOL, so wrong
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                              Even if they knew it was a music box I think blowing it up was the right thing to do.
                              Awesome.
                              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X