Canadian musicians rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian musicians rule

This is nice to see in a world where we are getting used to the opposite. A big thumbs up to these artists, and here's hoping that sanity returns one day to the recording industry.

Link to Reuters story
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Canadian musicians rule

"The more you push your audience away, the more you destroy the industry," Page said.
    Exactly.

I've always said that if the RIAA and other media industry groups focused their efforts on electronic sales and distribution instead of piracy prevention and prosecution, all would benefit and the industry would undergo an electronic renaissance instead of a swan dive into uselessness.

Comment

The problem for them is that no matter what they do, they will NEVER have the same cushy world they had before 1995 (or so). The requirement for all of those layers between the musicians and the customers is gone. So it isn't just a matter of them facing the facts and changing. It is a matter of them facing the facts and shrinking. That's why it has been so ugly.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I'm too impatient to make a well thought out statement here, so I may come off as incoherent or like I'm missing half my brain. Oh well ...

File-sharing is good for artists. It gets their name out there on a much wider scale. If people like your music after downloading it, they'll be more likely to buy your concert tickets, and even your CD's just to support you. That's how I see it anyway. I suppose there is a flip side to the coin, but the point that was quoted earlier about pushing your audience away is the best way I've seen that sentiment said.

Argh.

Why is my brain mushy? Why?

Po) [some sort of eye-patch smiley?] Yarrrrr.

Comment

Steve Page is my hero.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I generally download albums pre-release, but if the album is good enough and i generally like the band enough, ill buy it when its released. I recently did this with Tool's 10000 days album. I got it about 20 days early and LOVED it, so as soon as i get to the store ill probably be buying it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X