Jihadis using BF2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jihadis using BF2

"Battlefield 2" ordinarily shows U.S. troops engaging forces from China or a united Middle East coalition. But in a modified video trailer posted on Islamic Web sites and shown to lawmakers, the game depicts a man in Arab headdress carrying an automatic weapon into combat with U.S. invaders.

"I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in Blackhawk helicopters," a narrator's voice said as the screen flashed between images of street-level gunfights, explosions and helicopter assaults.

link
    New to TG?

Re: Jihadis using BF2

This is not good news. What will this mean for the videogames cause real world violence theory? Hell, what I should be more worried about is whether or not this conditioning is really working. If it is there are implications far beyond just "these games are leading to violence".
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in Blackhawk helicopters," a narrator's voice said as the screen flashed between images of street-level gunfights, explosions and helicopter assaults.
      Is that from team america? The part where the main character is talking to the terrorists in incognito? heh, just reminds me of that.

Really this doesn't come as a surprise to me, it works for the US army after all.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I thought something was stange the other day when i was playing on server 1 and joined a squad named "Die American Pigs" and the SL was |TG|OsamaKillsYoMama....;)
        |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

The "Jihadi" is a user on PBF.. http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...id=1888667&p=1

The homemade propoganda mod? The Special Forces Expansion :icon_lol: And, yea, the author confirms the Team America reference. Vid is in the first post on that link.. Bunch of overhyped, sesational, video-games-are-evil, media bull...
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

LOL!

One of Sonic's replies regarding the video @ Planet Battlefield:

Originally posted by SonicJihad
            Nah now srieously that vid I made was just 4 fun , no propaganda or what so ever....for god sake the video begins with a team america quote.....how the hell can they take this isshhhh seriously?????
            Good catch aero.

Originally posted by Reuters
            "Battlefield 2" ordinarily shows U.S. troops engaging forces from China or a united Middle East coalition. But in a modified video trailer posted on Islamic Web sites and shown to lawmakers, the game depicts a man in Arab headdress carrying an automatic weapon into combat with U.S. invaders.
            Ummm. . .you don't have to mod BF2 to get that!
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I can't believe Reuters missed the fact that they all look like Saddam! :D
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X