The Shield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shield

Does anyone else watch this show? I caught a few episodes from the middle of the 3rd season and it grabbed my interest. I then decided that I should watch the first season and see what it was all about. I liked it.

I have now watched the first 4 seasons, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes gritty cop drama. I'm pretty sure there are no good guys in this show, so you have to choose which degree of bad you can accept. ;)

If you haven't watched it, and you are thinking about it, I recommend starting at the first season. The story line progresses from show to show, and it is definitely best watched in order.

I don't watch many shows, but I can't stop watching this one. It gets my three thumbs up award.
    :icon14: :icon14: :icon14:
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: The Shield

Some nights they show the shield all night in the UK. Back to back episodes, with no adverts during the episodes (despite it being on a commercial channel). Great stuff.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It really is a great drama/action show. I would say better then 24 even. Ive wanted to get the seasons but always forget when i got some cash.

i agree with icky very addictive and holds your attention, and i have ADD
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

It's bumped The West Wing from it's place in the coveted position of "the only TV show that Cing watches".

It's got it all: action, slimy politicos, detective work, moral/ethical dillemas, guns, hookers and blow.

What more could you possibly ask for?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          It's got it all: action, slimy politicos, detective work, moral/ethical dillemas, guns, hookers and blow.

What more could you possibly ask for?
          Exactly. :D

Don't forget: racial tension, gang conflict, realistic characters, a no-nonsense depictions of the BAD side of criminal behaviour (careful with that C4!) :p

I was surprised that my search for a thread on it here came up empty. My only disappointment is that I will soon be watching season 5, and then I will run out of new stuff. :(

Comment

Great show! I saw the first two seasons on TV when they aired, but wasn't able to keep up shortly after the third started. I intend to catch up again sometime through the DVDs.

Comment

I watched the first season when it was out and part of the second season and didn't get to watch it again until this latest run. It's an awesome show.

Comment

I think that the part of the show that is so intriguing is trying to figure out if Vick is a good guy that does bad things to make the world a better place, or whether he's a bad guy that happens to have a job where he's expected to do good things. In fact, I think that's the basis for the entire show, and the writers manipulate it brilliantly.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I watched it way before it was cool. Season one, premiere. Best shows possible, so far, are Shield seasons one and two. Three and four kinda tapered off for me. Classic police noir with a modern flair, instead of fedora-wearing mafia guys it's crack dealers, child peddlers, child prostitutes, and calm, normal looking guys who cuddle with old ladies before killing them. Vic got me to believe police landlording is a good thing.
                  -- Shroom
                  I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

Originally posted by shroompicker
                    Three and four kinda tapered off for me.
                    I'll agree with you on season 3, but Glenn Close was great in 4. As was Forest Whitaker this year. In fact, the two of them have shown how successful it can be to bring an award winning actor onto the show for just a season. Has any other show done that?
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I didn't start watching until about season 2 i think. The episode where Julian got the crap beat out of him for being gay was the first episode i saw. The creator Shawn Ryan works on The Unit, which is now probably my favorite show.

Comment

I have watched them all now, and I am spreading the joy to others. Can't wait to see where the story goes next. ;)

I now need to find something else to fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                          I now need to find something else to fill the void.
                          Yeah, I've actually considered watching 24, but I'm afraid that I'll hate it with all the hype that surrounds it... And I don't really need to rot my brain with another TV show anyway...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Yeah, I've actually considered watching 24, but I'm afraid that I'll hate it with all the hype that surrounds it... And I don't really need to rot my brain with another TV show anyway...
                            I watched Season 1 and Season 4 of 24, and I have all of Season 5 waiting for me, so I probably will do that now. ;)

BTW, my friend tells me that season 5 of The Shield has a whole bunch of episodes still coming. He read an interview with the guy who directs it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X