Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Bush is speaking a couple thousand feet from where I live in 6 hours.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bush is speaking a couple thousand feet from where I live in 6 hours.

Actually, in about 6 hours. He's speaking at commencement at my college, oklahoma state (I actually did just grad with a 4 year but I'm also in grad school). He's going to land about 1500 feet away from me on the practice football field. The other day they were doing some recon or whatnot with some usmc chinooks. I'll put up some pictures if I don't fall asleep till then. (I'm not going to see him speak, not going to my graduation)

Anyone know what they were doing with the USMC chinooks? They would land, (2 of them), then take off, and fly really low in a circle, then land in the same spot. They had guys hanging out the windows with helmets and some kind of goggles on, and they kept pointing everywhere. It was during the day, so they were not night vision goggles. Maybe a video capture device that records so they can review it later?

Re: President Bush is speaking a couple thousand feet from where I live in 6 hours.

Kind of a tangent, but when i went to DC a few years back, we were on the main street that basicallly runs right into the white house (pennsylvania avenue?). We saw 2 choppers coming in, one of which obviously holding the president. They both dipped down, but immediatly one got right back up and left. I assume it was like a decoy, but it kinda surprised me at the time.

Comment

Re: President Bush is speaking a couple thousand feet from where I live in 6 hours.

I read the title and immediately thought "Put the gun down man, put the gun down and relax. Just chill and let him go."

-Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
      We are not a single game.
      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I went to the commencement and sat about 25 yards from W. I'll post some of my comments here later on tonight :)
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Eggplant - why would you not go to your graduation? And miss the prez?

Comment

I just now woke up... whoops!

Comment

They have to pratice extraction in case something happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggplant999
                Anyone know what they were doing with the USMC chinooks?
                The US Marine Corps doesn't use Chinooks. That's an Army chopper. You probably saw some CH-46 Sea Knights.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...aft/ch-467.htm

But the President usually rides in a VH-3D Sea King made by Sikorsky:

And they were most likely just doing a dry run to look for potential hazards, both potential security threats, and mundane hazards such as the possibility of flying debris.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X